Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[ESPN Chat] Talk Rookies w/ David Thorpe @ 12PM ET

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Dave (Orlando): Is Redick done in Orlando?

David Thorpe: (12:18 PM ET ) Yes.

I just got off the phone with John Denton and he told me he thinks the same thing.

Yes. It has been that way now for a while. The only problem is seeing what the Magic can get in return for JJ.

It would have been bad to openly have shopped him, hated the offers, then brought him back for another year to stew on the bench.

quote:
Dwight Howard (Orlando): David - Some moron actually asked you if Philly was now the second best team in the east?? If any of you think Philly is better than Orlando you need to put down the crack pipe. Philly has a nice team, but give me a break. Brand and Dalembert combined can't handle me.

David Thorpe: (12:36 PM ET ) Sorry D, but Philly is going to be very, very good.

WHAT?

quote:

quote:
Dwight Howard (Orlando): David - Some moron actually asked you if Philly was now the second best team in the east?? If any of you think Philly is better than Orlando you need to put down the crack pipe. Philly has a nice team, but give me a break. Brand and Dalembert combined can't handle me.

David Thorpe: (12:36 PM ET ) Sorry D, but Philly is going to be very, very good.

WHAT?

Phily is gonna be good, but he didn't exactly go out on a limb here.

quote:
Nick (FL): The Magic solidified their shooting guard hole with two solid additions of Pietrus and Lee, will this put them over the top?

David Thorpe: (12:52 PM ET ) No, but moving in that direction.

quote:
Daniel (San Francisco, CA): Don't the Magic need a PF who is actually a big man to be legit contenders?

David Thorpe: (12:56 PM ET ) They are acquiring enough assets to make that happen. Don't need a star, just a solid boardman and defender

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

quote:

WHAT?

Phily is gonna be good, but he didn't exactly go out on a limb here.

Am I the only one thinking that the Brand contract is dangerous?

I mean, he's coming off a very bad injury, he's 29 and will be 34 at the end of the contract, with no assurance at all about his health and his capacity to repeat the production he had before.

Everyone was shocked at him opting out 'cause was expected to play one year to increase his value.

I believe that he has sold himself very well, but fot me this is a high risk move for Philly.

Not really he isnt really injury prone, he will be alright, I guarantee he is still good enough to go for 30 against us on any given night.

Brand was never one of these guys that exploded off the ground in order to be effective, he's just smart and solid. If this were Shawn Marion coming off achilles surgery that would be something entirely different. Brand also looked effective when he came back at the end of the season so they did have a chance to look at him.

I pretty much agree with everything people have posted in this thread about what David Thorpe has said.

I think the top four teams in the East next season will be Boston, Orlando, Detroit, & Philly in that order. Cleveland'll be the most overhyped team (even more than last year) in the league that does completely nothing in the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Is this the most Magic related questions they have ever answered? Or is it just me?

Thorpe is usually pretty good at answering Magic questions, but todays seemed relatively high in number.