Originally posted by Rico:

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

No to Maggette.

He can ruin what we have going.

If he comes back.

Hedo goes back to sucky Hedo.

What?........

The biggest reason Hedo improved. Because of the departure of Grant Hill. If you noticed, when G-hill was in and out the line-up 2 years ago. We were better, and Hedo was better. He was clogging up Hedo's progress. If Maggette comes here, it will do the same thing.

I love how Maggette pretty much gets to the hole at will and gets fouled 10 times a game but, if we have him on this team it will be simply too many players and too little shots to take. Unless he is comming off the bench or something. I can just see Dwight now freaky out cuz hes only getting 5 shots off a game. I think we would be better of with peitrus, he is a better defender and doesn't need the ball to contribute, all he wants is to be a starter.

We need a big man, I say let Lee sink or swim he has to be in the rotation, I am SICK of seeing us not utilize the draft.

I like Maggette but we have enough shooting guards now and unless we can turn our surplus into a rotation quality big, it's overkill.

I wouldn't at all be afraid of Hedo being sucky again because Maggette arrived. Hedo was in Hills shadow the same way TMac was in Vince Carters shadow in Toronto, but Hedo knows he's an all-star calibur player now and he's just going to get better. He might have lacked confidence before, but he won't anymore. I don't think Maggette would screw us up, but I don't think we could get Maggette without getting rid of some people, possibly Hedo.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

If you look back at my posts over the last couple of weeks, my insider info proved accurate. Before the workouts, Otis wanted either Rush or CDR ... definitely a SG. After the workouts and background checks, Otis fell in love with Lee. I also said Otis wasn't high on Dorsey, which he wasn't. All of this I posted prior to the draft.

Here is what I heard today. The Magic still very much like Maggette. However, they don't know if he'll opt-out. If he does, they want him to take the MLE ... a pay-cut. Moreover, I now have conflicting info about JJ remaining with the Magic. My two sources, both credible, have said two different things. One said JJ is "gone," while the other today said he might be with us this year. Who knows? Oh, and last but not least, the Magic very much want Dooling to return ... just not for big money.

This will probably be the last time I post insider info. Hope you all have enjoyed it. Go Magic!

Soul Bro, I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as questioning your credibility.

In fact, this post right here makes you the most credible source I have ever seen on these boards.

Now the Sentinel is posting the Magettee news, "AFTER" Soul Bro did first!

Awesome job Dude!!!

Soul, just wondering, I just want to hear the general consensus regarding the possible signing of Corey. Do both of your sources confirm this? Or just one?

I think if its for the MLE, some other teams can still make a better offer. HOpefully he takes a paycut. Or hopefully a sign and trade can be worked out.

I think if we get Maggette with the MLE, we can bid adios to Dooling.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Soul, just wondering, I just want to hear the general consensus regarding the possible signing of Corey. Do both of your sources confirm this? Or just one?

I think if its for the MLE, some other teams can still make a better offer. HOpefully he takes a paycut. Or hopefully a sign and trade can be worked out.

I think if we get Maggette with the MLE, we can bid adios to Dooling.

Both

I see. Written on the article is that he is strongly encouraging the Magic to sign him, does he realize that we only have the MLE and is he willing to take a cut? Also, with Corey, does Otis see Hedo as a keeper?

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

I see. Written on the article is that he is strongly encouraging the Magic to sign him, does he realize that we only have the MLE and is he willing to take a cut? Also, with Corey, does Otis see Hedo as a keeper?

I can't give any more specifics. I promised I would not.