Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Today's NBA DRAFT 2008 Thread - How did everyone do?

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Geez, Portland is gonna be stacked, How can they afford all these players LOL

in a few years they cant

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
If they think replacing Evans with Lee is going to bring us a title though, they're nuts.

I'm sorta under the opinion that anyone you draft at #22 probably won't do a whole lot in terms of getting you a title.

Unless it was a person rated as top 10 talent who just happened to fall an ungodly amount.

quote:
Originally posted by pneu:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:

enough is enough,

FIRE OTIS !!!

I know! I mean we were only 52-30 last year!

did we win a chapnionship ?

not even close ...

we need to fix some weak points to be a championship material but Otis is clearly incompetent

Yeah. Let us use your logic. That way, every year there will be 29 GM's looking for a job.

so your logic is - you don't need to try to be better every year because you have championship guaranteed with current roster ?

great, you are an genius ...

You dropped some Cheetos.

quote:
Originally posted by mnewballer21:

There may not be a kidney issue, according to Kansas, this is terrible if this costs this kid millions of dollars and it really isn't a big deal.

It is the Kid's agent fault if it is not a big deal because they reported his representatives refused to let him be tested. Maybe he has the same thing as Mourning it was sickle cell right that caused him to have Kidney problems? and thus a transplant? Maybe I am mixing it all up. Still if the kid's reps screwed him then it is their fault.

Thing is why invite him if a team did not say they would pick him. Usually the only invites are given after a poll of the top 15 teams.

Can you say, Portland TrailBlazers, 2009 NBA Champs?

Roy

Rush

Outlaw

Aldridge

Oden

Jack

Pryz

I know I'm missing someone, but they have depth at every position. Solid, starter-quality depth.

quote:
It is the Kid's agent fault if it is not a big deal because they reported his representatives refused to let him be tested. Maybe he has the same thing as Mourning it was sickle cell right that caused him to have Kidney problems? and thus a transplant? Maybe I am mixing it all up. Still if the kid's reps screwed him then it is their fault.

Thing is why invite him if a team did not say they would pick him. Usually the only invites are given after a poll of the top 15 teams.

Yea I felt bad for him.

But I don't understand why the kidney concern could be that big a deal. I mean, very worst case scenerio, you have a major operation. But as a young man you should be able to bounce back pretty quickly and pretty well. Hell, Zo was an old man and he did it.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Roy

Rush

Outlaw

Aldridge

Oden

Jack

Pryz

I know I'm missing someone, but they have depth at every position. Solid, starter-quality depth.

Didn't Jack get traded to Indy? And considering Oden has yet to play a minute in the NBA... I vote no.

quote:

Roy

Rush

Outlaw

Aldridge

Oden

Jack

Pryz

They traded Jack and Rush for bull**** (unless Im mistaken). And I still think they're too young, although highly skilled. They'll still struggle to make the playoffs in the West.