Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Josh Smith and Hawks... difficulties on contract agreement? [Hoopsworld]

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

My money is on Detroit making a move for him as well. Dumars has already come out and said he is going to shake up the team. And let's face it, they have the pieces to get a deal done.

You are correct. It should hit the press soon. They are offering Tayshaun plus others.

If atlanta wants to cut salary for the 2009 and 2010 seasons along with getting big bodies we could send: Hedo Bogans Cook rights to Fran (lottery pick) and 2009 1st round pick. Atl sends a signed Smith for $11 Mil/year with the max increase each year for 5 years and 2009 2nd round pick.

It would cut $9.775 Mil for summer '09 ($25 Mil w/ Bibby's expiring contract) and $3.5 Mil for '10. Fran's euro contract would be up and they could avoid the buyout. They would cut salary like they want get a lottery pick PF/C and a first round pick. If they sign Fran and get a pick they would good shape for summer 2011. I think it would accomplish what both teams are looking for and making Orlando contenders right away.

there is a guy on realgm saying josh Is pushing to go to either the lakers or Orlando. One thing that should be considered is he has to agree for a s and t to work. Best case scenario for him to end up here is if he takes the qo for a year and becomes unrestricted. Clearly he sees that Orlando is the perfect fit for him. Or at least I hope he does...

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

there is a guy on realgm saying josh Is pushing to go to either the lakers or Orlando. One thing that should be considered is he has to agree for a s and t to work. Best case scenario for him to end up here is if he takes the qo for a year and becomes unrestricted. Clearly he sees that Orlando is the perfect fit for him. Or at least I hope he does...

Man I hope so! Who was the guy that called him a potential bust in the NBA Draft? Anyway we could really use him upfront playing defense w/ Howard,Lewis moves to the 3! 2009 NBA Champs!

funny u say la and orlando bc on hoopshype they say the hawks are considering two s&t offers for him, one from a western power, the other from an eastern big dog.

that soundas exactly like how theyd dsescribe orlando, not a power....yet

Orlando isn't a "big dog". My money is on the EC team being Detroit.

The rumor is Tayshaun/Amir Johnson/draft pick(s) for Smooth.

I am telling you it's Detroit. I know this for sure.

D12 talked to Josh about it, but Orlando does not have the assets to do this deal.

(Regardless of what you think of Hedo)

I have to laugh at all the posters who hate the idea of bringing players like Artest & Dorsey on board but are wet over the idea of acquiring Josh Smith.

The guy is a malcontent with zero concept of team. Atl has hated his attitude since his rookie year and it's been a foregone conclusion for some time he wouldn't stick in Atl.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

D12 talked to Josh about it, but Orlando does not have the assets to do this deal.

Just curious, if you actually think Prince has more value than Hedo????

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

Just curious, if you actually think Prince has more value than Hedo????

Ahh yes I do. And most NBA GMs would agree. The Hedo homerisim on here is ridiculous.

If I were a gambler, I would lay the odds on Detroit, or Cleveland being the EC Power house with the S&T, in that order!

I say this because Joe "D" has been very quiet since wanting to shake up his roster, next would be Cleveland because they are worried about King James moving to a larger market! IMHO