Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Josh Smith and Hawks... difficulties on contract agreement? [Hoopsworld]

Take it for what its worth...

quote:
Josh Smith to Philly?

The word out of Atlanta is that they don't want to pay Josh Smith more than $11 per season, and given the fact that he's one of the up-and-coming young front court stars in the Eastern Conference you can count on that meaning Smith is finished as a Hawk. ESPN says Smith will land in Philly if the Hawks don't take care of business. It's hard to imagine the Hawks letting Smith walk just as they were starting to look like a playoff team again, but stranger things have happened.

quote:

Take it for what its worth...

quote:
Josh Smith to Philly?

The word out of Atlanta is that they don't want to pay Josh Smith more than $11 per season, and given the fact that he's one of the up-and-coming young front court stars in the Eastern Conference you can count on that meaning Smith is finished as a Hawk. ESPN says Smith will land in Philly if the Hawks don't take care of business. It's hard to imagine the Hawks letting Smith walk just as they were starting to look like a playoff team again, but stranger things have happened.

quote:

if there is any way that we can swing a trade for him we have to do it. a frontcourt of lewis, smith, and mighty dwight would be unstoppable for a long time.

turk, redick, cook, and 2 future 1st for smith resigned at 12 mill/yr

Trade everyone on the team not named Dwight! I don't care! Hedo, Jameer, anybody, all of our first round picks from here 'til 2050... doesn't matter... get that S.O.B. on our team next to Dwight. There's not a player in the league I'd rather have next to Dwight than Josh frickin' Smith!

Not the surprise some think imo. Atl has never been enamored with his attitude or work ethic. Phily's style would seem like a natural fit, but I doubt Atl allows a RFA to walk for nothing unless they have designs on an UFA themselves.

Hedo should be able to get us more then Josh Smith. The guy can't shoot that great. He's above average in athleticism and defense..but on on offense..its only there at times.

On the other hand...I really don't care. Its up to Otis.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Hedo should be able to get us more then Josh Smith. The guy can't shoot that great. He's above average in athleticism and defense..but on on offense..its only there at times.

On the other hand...I really don't care. Its up to Otis.

Is there no end to your Hedo homerism?

No offense, O-dub, but you're nuts if you wouldn't trade Hedo for Josh Smith. First of all, he's the same age as Dwight, not to mention they're great childhood friends, and he's putting up excellent numbers offensively and defensively. Combo that with the fact he plays the position we're weakest in, and we have a lineup that would dominate NOW and for years to come... a duo of Dwight/Smith would wreck the league for over a decade.