Sign in to follow this  
jrjr1229

Goal this year

Marcus Smart screwed us a little by not coming out. I'm pretty sure we would have taken him at #2

I would still take Oladipo over Smart.

Tank again for Marcus Smart....

we need to get in the top 3....

Imagine a backcourt with Smart and Oladipo... crazy defense... we can hold anyone in the league backcourt

Thank god Otis is no longer running the team or this might actually be a possibility.

In this order.

1. Get a top 3 pick.

2. Suck bad enough to get a top 3 pick

3. lose enough games to land a top 3 pick

4. Oladipo to play consistent and flash potential all star abilities

5. Seeing Harkless continue to grow

I don't get why people are high on Smart, I'll be real disappointed if he is who we end up with in this loaded draft, unless he makes some serious improvements. I understand we need a PG though. I'm hoping Dante Exum comes out this year, or Andrew Harrison develops into a very good PG. But obviously the goal is Wiggins or Randle.

And on the whole, fans rooting for their team to lose. Think about it, we were 1 win away from being the 4th pick. It is hard for me to root for the Magic to lose, but I'd be seriously depressed, if we were 1 win away from picking Wiggins/Randle and being stuck with Aaron Gordon.

I don't get why people are high on Smart, I'll be real disappointed if he is who we end up with in this loaded draft, unless he makes some serious improvements. I understand we need a PG though. I'm hoping Dante Exum comes out this year, or Andrew Harrison develops into a very good PG. But obviously the goal is Wiggins or Randle.

And on the whole, fans rooting for their team to lose. Think about it, we were 1 win away from being the 4th pick. It is hard for me to root for the Magic to lose, but I'd be seriously depressed, if we were 1 win away from picking Wiggins/Randle and being stuck with Aaron Gordon.

I'd take Jabari Parker before Gordon

Our goal should be at least 3rd worse next year but we have some very tough competition, looking at rosters as of today,

-Milwaukee

-Philadelphia

-Utah

Those are definitely worse teams then us with Charlotte and Phoenix getting a honorable mention maybe even Sacramento but I think they will have a better record.

So we have a tough year, so lots of experimenting, Oladipo at pg, Harkless trying out more jumpshots to improve on that, Nicholson at center, etc...

Obviously trading Afflalo and Davis will be huge as well, for either picks or young guys. If not I really feel we will be competing for a playoff spot and thats a big no no, we will be stuck in the middle of the pack.

I still don't know what people see in smart

Leadership, work ethic, built like a tank. His game does have a long way to go for sure, but obviously he's still young.

Our goal should be at least 3rd worse next year but we have some very tough competition, looking at rosters as of today,

-Milwaukee

-Philadelphia

-Utah

Those are definitely worse teams then us with Charlotte and Phoenix getting a honorable mention maybe even Sacramento but I think they will have a better record.

So we have a tough year, so lots of experimenting, Oladipo at pg, Harkless trying out more jumpshots to improve on that, Nicholson at center, etc...

Obviously trading Afflalo and Davis will be huge as well, for either picks or young guys. If not I really feel we will be competing for a playoff spot and thats a big no no, we will be stuck in the middle of the pack.

I don't see that happening regardless of how experimental things might get.

I don't see that happening regardless of how experimental things might get.

As long as we trade our veterans and play our young guys a lot I can see us having the 4th worst record at least, we just have to encourage our young players to improve on what they are uncomfortable on, like Harkless I would really want him to improve on his shooting and not only spot up shooting but his pull up too, he is getting too predictable always going to the basket. So encourage him to take those shots, let Oladipo run point and let him have his mistakes, also would be great if he tries a post game against small guards, i've never seen him post up. Like I said it's unlikely but not impossible. 6th worse is more likely and I feel like that won't be good enough.

With healthy vets, Harkless, and Vucevic we went 12-13. When the vets started going down, especially BBD, we went 8-49. 25 wins with Harkless, Vucevic, Oladipo, and Tobias playing big roles would be improvement from last year while still maintaining the tank.

I want to see Oladipo play a lot of point, and Harkless play a lot of SG, even if they go back to their original positions in 1 or 2 years.

Playing SG made Paul George a better SF