Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

7 years later would you still take Jeryl Sasser with the 22nd pick?

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Our team with Brian Cook and Tony Battie this season would have won the championship

You my friend, are delusional.

And picking Jeryl Sasser should of lead to criminal charges to whoever was responsible for that pick. Giving a contract to the fat guy would of been a better choice.

I was able to watch Sasser a lot when he was tearing things up at Southern Methodist University. I will always and forever defend the drafting up Jerryl Sasser.

Just watch this guys moves he had it all.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Power Forward?!

3925613458.jpg

Absolutely. You can clearly see from the picture that the fat guy has a devastating first step. He'd be blowing by defenders all night long!

Actually, he won a ring this year: the Kuwait League title!!!

http://www.asia-basket.com/player.asp?Cntry=KUW&PlayerID=30211

:=)

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Thanks to our friends at Wikipedia we get this nugget...

He has also played with the Yakama Sun Kings of the Continental Basketball Association, and with French Pro A team

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Instead of drafting Sasser we could have drafted Gerald Wallace, Samuel Dalembert, Tony Parker, Mehmet Okur, or Gilbert Arenas. Man, if we had drafted one of those guys we wouldn't have to draft a shooting guard, point guard, or another big man in this draft. God, are management really knows how to mishandle the draft.

I say we all sit around and be miserable about it all day.

You would have to give me all of those players listed above to take that guy for my team. His jumper gave me nightmares, I had to go to therapy. Whoever made the call on drafting him should not only never be allowed to be associated with the NBA ever again, they should be sent to a small island in the Pacific where the native pygmies eat humans and dance around in banana hammocks all day long.

hahaha, ahhhhhhhhhhhh sasser, sasser, sasser. he had a jumper bo woulda been proud of.

LOL, I started this thread as a joke but when I did the research and saw all the really good players that were taken later it did sting a little bit. There are no guarantees at 22 but Sasser was a terrible terrible pick.

I know he isn't the sexiest player on the list but how good would Okur look in our system? He would be a perfect fit. Plus, we would essentially lock in the entire fan base of Turkey. Games in California would be like home games.

quote:

LOL, I started this thread as a joke but when I did the research and saw all the really good players that were taken later it did sting a little bit. There are no guarantees at 22 but Sasser was a terrible terrible pick.

I know he isn't the sexiest player on the list but how good would Okur look in our system? He would be a perfect fit. Plus, we would essentially lock in the entire fan base of Turkey. Games in California would be like home games.

Okur would have ruined our chance to get Dwight. I think our biggest draft mistake that would have greatly improved our current team without altering the course of Magic Draft history significantly is not picking up Granger.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

Okur would have ruined our chance to get Dwight. I think our biggest draft mistake that would have greatly improved our current team without altering the course of Magic Draft history significantly is not picking up Granger.

Well we selected Franny boy after Dwight so Granger definitely wouldn't have altered our roster very much.

Strictly based on talent..maybe...I don't know. I kind of think that Granger might be more capable of carrying a team than Okur is. Okur is a nice player but he really is more of a complimentary piece. Granger, as much as it pains me to say it, could become a star in this league. Of course, I'm looking at their games now and not when they were rookies. If you look at it that way then Okur, with the more seasoned game would probably be a bigger contributor than Granger.

I was strictly looking at Okur's game and thinking/drooling at the idea of us essentially playing a big lineup while surrounding Dwight with 4 shooters. Okur and Rasheed are the only 2 big guys in the league that I can think of that would provide us that capability.