Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Insider Info

Maybe the thought process is that they are keeping Redick for the PG position.

I dont think it works but maybe thats their mindset.

Im just speculating but if were gonna keep JJ, and we have a glut of SG's, (rookie,Pietrus or Maggette, Bogans etc) maybe they are grooming him to be a back up PG?

Just a thought

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Im just speculating but if were gonna keep JJ, and we have a glut of SG's, (rookie,Pietrus or Maggette, Bogans etc) maybe they are grooming him to be a back up PG?

Just a thought

If they do this, it will indicate that they have been lying through their collective teeth for the last couple of years.

If he has been kept off the floor because he cannot defend a SG, how on earth would they logically put him on the floor to guard a PG, a position usually held by someone much quicker than a SG.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

Just a thought

If they do this, it will indicate that they have been lying through their collective teeth for the last couple of years.

If he has been kept off the floor because he cannot defend a SG, how on earth would they logically put him on the floor to guard a PG, a position usually held by someone much quicker than a SG.

Im not saying its a great thing, im just saying it may be in their minds. I dont believe they will keep him to be a 3rd or 4th string SG. But we will be thin if both Keyon and Carlos walk, which is a good posibility.

When I keep hearing that were keeping Redick, this conclusion keeps coming to me.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just a thought

Im not saying its a great thing, im just saying it may be in their minds. I dont believe they will keep him to be a 3rd or 4th string SG. But we will be thin if both Keyon and Carlos walk, which is a good posibility.

When I keep hearing that were keeping Redick, this conclusion keeps coming to me.

I was not disagreeing with you, as we are both trying to make some sense out their stance.

I expect that they feel like they pretty much have to say that they are keeping Redick until they find out what they can get in the draft. To draft a young SG, leaving 2 SGs on the team to be groomed, is about as illogical as it gets (which is your point, also).

I can't imagine drafting Rush or CDR, and keeping JJ. That's nonsensical. Which, of course, makes it a possibility.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just a thought

I was not disagreeing with you, as we are both trying to make some sense out their stance.

I expect that they feel like they pretty much have to say that they are keeping Redick until they find out what they can get in the draft. To draft a young SG, leaving 2 SGs on the team to be groomed, is about as illogical as it gets (which is your point, also).

I can't imagine drafting Rush or CDR, and keeping JJ. That's nonsensical. Which, of course, makes it a possibility.

LOL, the ways of running this franchise gets more interesting every minute.

I guess the way we have no clue makes it interesting to say the least

JJ at PG would be awesome if he could dribble and handle the ball at all. The thing all good PGs have in common is they are the best ball handlers on the floor.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Junkie, I was told the Magic are going to be very active in FA. Towards what position? I don't know.

Regarding Redick, I think everyone on here knows I personally would like him traded. However, my source alluded that he was going to be here next year. I'll check back with him to see if he has anything more specific. icon_wink.gif

Soul Bro, the Magic are going to be very active in the FA, because they need to fill 5 spots. The Question is: if they have the money to get someone that can make the difference.

FYI, my source told me this morning that he wouldn't be surprised if JJ was traded if a decent trade opportunity arose.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

FYI, my source told me this morning that he wouldn't be surprised if JJ was traded if a decent trade opportunity arose.

thank god. im tired of his inability to make any sort of positive impact on this team (other then selling st patties day jersies).

quote:

Well, I did a little research upon reading this post as it has interested me knowing that JJ has been pretty good staying in front of his man.

Court Sprint, IMO, will be used more on offense.

JJ's 3/4 court sprint is 3.29

Monta Ellis: 3.31

Crtterton: 3.32

JJ's lane agility[which covers the laterals] is 10.94

Jameer is 10.95

Acie Law is 11

Luke Ridnour 11

Devin Harris 11.03

Chris Paul is 11.09

DJ Augustin 11.27

TJ Ford 11.45

Critterton:11.6

Derrick Rose: 11.69

I know these are just numbers. But I think JJ's speed is averaged for someone his height, but he just doesn't have the tools to be a good defender. He also has a short wingspan.

The Magic started shopping JJ a few months ago. Otis saying he would not trade JJ was done for a reason.

Once he knew SEA and MIA would not trade with him, he went to the media and said they wanted too much (true) and that he would not include JJ in any deals (not true). He said that to try and build some value for JJ for the summer.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

The Magic started shopping JJ a few months ago. Otis saying he would not trade JJ was done for a reason.

Once he knew SEA and MIA would not trade with him, he went to the media and said they wanted too much (true) and that he would not include JJ in any deals (not true). He said that to try and build some value for JJ for the summer.

Hopefully it works