Sign in to follow this  
D-BoFats

Would you EVER consider Crawford and Randolph from the Knicks (with 6th pick)?

One of them? The other? Both? In combination with their 6th pick?

The reason I bring this up is because they want to shed those contracts, they play the positions we need help in, and we have assets they desire... Turkoglu's and Battie's contracts expire LeBron year.

One deal I would highly consider, and one deal the Knicks fans I asked seemed open to, would be Turkoglu, Battie, Redick, and the 22nd pick to New York for Zach Randolph and the 6th pick.

Not saying I would do that, but Randolph would actually fit on our team pretty well IMO, given the fact Howard knows how to play defense (unlike Curry), and he'd at least be an upgrade over Lewis at the 4, especially in terms of rebounding I imagine. Then you have the 6th pick which is really appealing if Eric Gordon is still on the board... dude is going to be a star in this league.

PG - Jameer Nelson

SG - Eric Gordon

SF - Rashard Lewis

PF - Zach Randolph

C - Dwight Howard

Right now, I'd have to lean towards "NO" on this one, but it's definitely an option I would consider... we could probably work a trade for Crawford instead of Randolph and draft a PF also, but I would die if we got Eric Gordon...

Just throwing the idea out there.

One of them? The other? Both? In combination with their 6th pick?

The reason I bring this up is because they want to shed those contracts, they play the positions we need help in, and we have assets they desire... Turkoglu's and Battie's contracts expire LeBron year.

One deal I would highly consider, and one deal the Knicks fans I asked seemed open to, would be Turkoglu, Battie, Redick, and the 22nd pick to New York for Zach Randolph and the 6th pick.

Not saying I would do that, but Randolph would actually fit on our team pretty well IMO, given the fact Howard knows how to play defense (unlike Curry), and he'd at least be an upgrade over Lewis at the 4, especially in terms of rebounding I imagine. Then you have the 6th pick which is really appealing if Eric Gordon is still on the board... dude is going to be a star in this league.

PG - Jameer Nelson

SG - Eric Gordon

SF - Rashard Lewis

PF - Zach Randolph

C - Dwight Howard

Right now, I'd have to lean towards "NO" on this one, but it's definitely an option I would consider... we could probably work a trade for Crawford instead of Randolph and draft a PF also, but I would die if we got Eric Gordon...

Just throwing the idea out there.

I could stomach Crawford more than Randolph. Randolph is a black hole on offense and doesn't cross mid-court on D. At least Crawford is active, Randolph just shows up.

If we were going to take on a contract I could deal with Curry a little more, his is lower and he wouldn't be a bad back up center evern though he would be EXTREMELY over paid.

I echo Marc's thoughts on Crawford...he might really improve his consistency with better coaching.

I'd actually be less afraid of bring Randolph in than Curry...but I'll defer to Marc's thoughts regarding the contract sizes.

If we trade Turk, we have to get a play-making player to replace that skillset he provided. Gordon doesn't do that for me. I would only trade Turk if Mayo was still available.

As far as the NY garbage, I hate Curry, Zach is a BLACK HOLE like never seen, but I'd take Crawford in a heartbeat.

To comment on your trade proposal, I don't think we get fair value in return. If they add Lee, we throw in Franny. OR, we just keep JJ and try trading him for a later 1st round pick.

Any trade that any team makes for Randolph would have to be free. The 6th pick would literally be what it took to get me to start listening about potentially taking on Randolph, his attitude, and his bloated contract, and I'd tell Randolph not to bother flying here, and immediately negotiate the buyout. The man has never passed out of the post in his life, plays no defense, and is a known cancer. The only way I take on his contract is I'm giving them contracts I DON'T WANT in exchange for his contract and assets.

Something closer to Randolph, Lee, and #6 for Battie, Bogans, Foyle and Cook. That sounds horribly lopsided, and it should. Randolph is that bad.

Euro Man-Love had and article on ESPN about teams shopping their picks. Here is his take on the Knicks-

New York Knicks: The Knicks are in a tough spot. They'd love to move up a few spots in the draft and get a player like Mayo or Bayless. But neither player will likely be there at No. 6. Their options at No. 6 are solid, but none of the players on the board will be able to turn this team around.

Would they be willing to sacrifice a good young player or two (David Lee or Nate Robinson) for the chance to draft a star? Or would they be willing to move down in the draft to pick up multiple assets?

I don't think Donnie Walsh likes where he's at and it will be interesting to see which way the Knicks will go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?c...age=draftnotes080603

WHat about trading Turk and JJ+ for Kenyon Martin or Marcus Camby? Both have excellent work-ethic, and play both sides of the ball.

There have been numerous reports that the Nugs are looking to trade Melo to NJ for RJeff. Hedo would fill in at SF for them very well, and JJ could develop as their backup SG. Maybe Denver would swap 1st round picks with us also if we took KMart's contract off their hands.

On the topic of trading with the Knicks. There could be some value there, although I think we'd be forced to take Randolph's contract. But like DOM said, maybe you get them to throw in David Lee and then we turn around and cut Zach. Honestly, I don't know why we didn't explore something like that at last year's trade deadline when we could have shed 13 million in expirings.

Considering I am (politely stated) NOT a fan of the Florida Gators, I just can't stop thinking about how awesome it would be to add either David Lee (1st choice) or Udonis Haslem (close 2nd choice) to our roster.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...8~19~19~19&te=&cash=

I like this.

And 22 for 6.

Yeah, if we did that swap AND got the #6....yeah, that would make any concerns over Jeffries and Crawford's salaries a bit easier to swallow.

The Knicks would definitely be able to dump some salary in this move.

Nice work.