Sign in to follow this  
ILoveOrlandoMagic

Welcome to the Orlando Magic Romero Osby

Does everyone think they drafted "The Great and Powerful Oz" to replace Nicholson if he is dealt to LA? And/or we find a suitable trade partner for Big Baby? I like his upside with bringing an easy manageable player to the locker room! Time for lots of heart and hustle this year.

Welcome Romero-

Hopefully Romero can turn out to be serviceable, as a fan you're always very happy when you see your 2nd round picks or low valued picks do relatively well and contribute to the team. He has a solid body by the looks of it and some nice offensive attributes to tap into.

I knew nothing about Romero Osby so I did a little research:

He's a 6'8, 232lbs PF who averaged 16 points and 7 rebounds in 28 minutes per game last year as a Sooner.

The phrase of the day seems to be "offensive efficiency", first we drafted Dipo and now Osby whose TS% was .604 and shot over 50% from the field, over 50% from 3 (tiny sample size, only took 17 shots) and about 80% from the FT line.

Osby's PER of 28.9 was highest in the Big-12, better than guys like Ben McLemore and Marcus Smart, and he was named first team All-Big 12.

Despite all of this I can't find a single scouting report on him on the web and draftexpress had him ranked 97th in their top 100 prospects (although had us drafting him in their last mock so obviously got a tip off from somebody).

Anyway here are some vids I found on him:

Great interview, it's clear to see why we think his personality will fit into our culture.

Highlight film:

(Only 2 vids allowed per post)

Fran Fraschilla ‏@franfraschilla 3h

@RoeOsby24 will make Magic. Great work ethic, high character and talent what Magic are building with. He's Carl Landry-type.

how many 6'7-6'8 guys do we need? harkless/harris/bbd/nicholson/osby and even KOQ is like 6'9

Someone maybe be getting traded so we can get Bledsoe. Regardless, you can never have enough big talented guys. This guy looks mulit faceted. I like.

Does everyone think they drafted "The Great and Powerful Oz" to replace Nicholson if he is dealt to LA? And/or we find a suitable trade partner for Big Baby? I like his upside with bringing an easy manageable player to the locker room! Time for lots of heart and hustle this year.

Regarless of if we trade Drew or not, from the videos I've seen on him I think he is more of what we need from a PF.

watchign these highlights make me gooo woowww this is where hennigan makes his money. The guy seems to have a polished down low game with spin mores hooks and bank shots galore... oh and he can bring the hammer down and dunk it too.

What is not to like so far. yeah he went 51 but it looks like a great pick. shot 50% from the field and is another high character player which is what we want.

how many 6'7-6'8 guys do we need? harkless/harris/bbd/nicholson/osby and even KOQ is like 6'9

I wonder if it's just a matter of needing another forward for practice matchups.