Jay Magic

Welcome To The Orlando Magic Victor Oladipo

I was hoping Oladipo would be the pick. Even more excited after that video!

I'm loving our young core of Oladipo, Harkless, Harris and Vucevic. We are looking to have some great defensive production from our 2 and 3.

Wow, he was my pick going into the draft, but after watching those highlights, I'm really excited about this guy. I mean, sure: the dunks. But it's more the other things he's doing.

He's got insane reaction timing, judging by some of those steals, and very good situational awareness. I don't know how far he'll go, but...yeah, looking forward to having him around for a long time.

...or until LA takes him from us, I guess.

Victor Oladipo, the point guard.

The Magic have been talking about trying that, starting in summer league.

He was the best shooting guard in college last season. The things he's amazing at are, by and large, shooting guard things. Why would you bring him to the NBA -- only to switch his position? Why mess with success in that way? Isn't that crazy?

Allow me to deepen the mystery even further: The Magic are run by Rob Hennigan, who until a year ago worked for the Thunder, an organization that both wrote the rebuild-through-the-draft playbook, and did this exact thing repeatedly.

Do you remember when no one could figure out why then-Sonics coach P.J. Carlesimo wasted all kinds of time experimenting with 6-9 rookie Kevin Durant -- now the world's finest forward not named LeBron James -- out of position at shooting guard? Durant was never great at it. It was a head-scratcher in real time, and it doesn't make a ton more sense now.

But wait!

Great post

Edited by Captain Hi-Top
Bad post... great article.