Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

This is a TEAM game, so that means.....

...That the WHOLE team is held accountable for their mistakes and the loss itself. Those who are placing the loss on Nelson are just crazy. Think hard people! Do you really think that the reason we lost was because of Jameer? Like it or not, he had a solid game. Many are blaming him for not passing it to Dwight on two plays while he was wide open, but on one of the plays I observed that he was being guarded by a much taller defender (I think it was Rip).

It's amazing how some fans can cheer for him when he's making those incredible shots, but then begin to bash him to no end as soon as he misses a few. Yeah, he got outplayed by Chauncey, but did that really surprise you? Chauncey is a 31 year old, vetaran, PG who wears a ring as well. Do you know what the Nuggets said of Billups when he played for them? "A talented PG, but doesn't seem to have that "IT" that draft scouts labeled him with. He may flourish on another team, but right now he isn't the premier PG that we're looking for at the moment." That was posted by the Rocky Mtn. News when they once held Billups.

The point is, this is Jameers first year at starting. He took shots today but only because he felt the shot falling. He also ended up with 7 assists, so he was passing plenty.

The Pistons are an experienced and elite team that's had the same group of players for over 4 years now. Right now we're young and inexperienced, and this will progress as the team grows. Hang in there gang!

...That the WHOLE team is held accountable for their mistakes and the loss itself. Those who are placing the loss on Nelson are just crazy. Think hard people! Do you really think that the reason we lost was because of Jameer? Like it or not, he had a solid game. Many are blaming him for not passing it to Dwight on two plays while he was wide open, but on one of the plays I observed that he was being guarded by a much taller defender (I think it was Rip).

It's amazing how some fans can cheer for him when he's making those incredible shots, but then begin to bash him to no end as soon as he misses a few. Yeah, he got outplayed by Chauncey, but did that really surprise you? Chauncey is a 31 year old, vetaran, PG who wears a ring as well. Do you know what the Nuggets said of Billups when he played for them? "A talented PG, but doesn't seem to have that "IT" that draft scouts labeled him with. He may flourish on another team, but right now he isn't the premier PG that we're looking for at the moment." That was posted by the Rocky Mtn. News when they once held Billups.

The point is, this is Jameers first year at starting. He took shots today but only because he felt the shot falling. He also ended up with 7 assists, so he was passing plenty.

The Pistons are an experienced and elite team that's had the same group of players for over 4 years now. Right now we're young and inexperienced, and this will progress as the team grows. Hang in there gang!

quote:
It's amazing how some fans can cheer for him when he's making those incredible shots, but then begin to bash him to no end as soon as he misses a few.
I agree with you that you cant blame any individual player for this loss and if any Howard would be my candidate. What people criticized was his bad selection, even if he made them. Yet your statement above is not objective when his FG % for the last 6 games has been 33%.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Nelson is almost always going to be guarded by a taller man, come on Nelson is short, he is listed at 6 feet but I would say he

Jameer sucked out the joint..come on people. He had one spurt when he made 3 baskets in a row with two misses that we rebounded so he could shoot again. 77 games into the season and he is getting worse. And Dooling should never shoot that many jump shots. Are people blind or what? When we had a chance again he screwed up..period! he just had to shoot to be a hero...and once again he failed. If we don't make it...it will be because of the PG play.

Jameer has to learn it IS a team game as well. He did a great job hitting big shots to get us back into the game. But then he turned into a one man dribbling show, the ball stopped moving and open team mates were ignored.

The one time he gave up the ball it moved and got to Grant for a wide open jumper to tie it. That was the last time he gave the ball and Billups took over.

I don't have a problem with Jameer taking a big shot, I do have a problem with him dribbling for 20 seconds all over the court looking for his shot only. Detroit starting ignoring Dwight in the paint because they knew Jameer was not looking to pass only shoot.

quote:
Originally posted by magicbeliever:

Jameer sucked out the joint..come on people. He had one spurt when he made 3 baskets in a row with two misses that we rebounded so he could shoot again. 77 games into the season and he is getting worse. And Dooling should never shoot that many jump shots. Are people blind or what? When we had a chance again he screwed up..period! he just had to shoot to be a hero...and once again he failed. If we don't make it...it will be because of the PG play.

QFT.

This all comes back to not using the personnel that we already have, such as Diener. Our PG play has been mostly terrible all year, and it's cost us many games.

This is a team game, so that means...the point guard creating plays for team mates that are shooting well. Nelson and Dooling appeared at times to be only handling the ball for themselves.Examples in Detroit: Darko-no touches, Hill-no touches at the end of the game, Redick-hit two jumpers then never touched the ball again.

i agree with larry and the poor point play is directly related to coaching. terrible coaching. we need a plan when the game is close and it apears after a whole season we have only one. nelson,nelson,nelson, well you get the meaning. jacklj

nelson is a liability..

Fire Nelson and B.Hill

nelson reminds me of the Steve Francis years, only he is smaller. He very infrequently will pass at the end of a quarter or end of the game. We have lost countless games to his selfishness, not to mention lack of defense, or rather no defense.