Sign in to follow this  
Philip

If Jameer Nelson were your best friend.....

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by oldmagicfan:

Dooling is starting to mirror Nelson and Arroyo.

Hhhhmmmm... if all of our PGs are playing the same way, maybe... just maybe... they are playing that way because that is how the coach is TELLING them and TEACHING them to play.

This may come as a shock to some, but our coaching staff is competence-challenged at the offensive end. And I do mean 'offensive'.

I am starting to believe this more and more.

Watch Carlos in international competition, he can be a monster.

Remember Nelson before Hill came over, and we all wanted him to start.

Dooling was playing great when he got the backup job, and it has been up and down since.

They won't let them play their strenghts....not good for the team.

quote:
He was not letting Billups back him down

Oh My. What game were you watching? Billup would back him down then spin on him and leave him like the house by the side of the road. We all know if JJ played defense like that he would be yanked in a New York minute.

The point is what everyone is missing. Yes the Point.....guard. Jameer can score. NO one doubts that but when you have the game within reach and more than once you have a guy waving his hands off under the basket WIDE open and your shooting PG doesn't see him while he looks for his own shot - you have a problem. Thats not good play at the point and its not that he had an awful game but those moments and the season tells you - this guy does not have the eye and mindset of a point guard.

Even JJ sees the floor better and seeing the floor is exactly what being a PG is ALWAYS about. In the end not having a real PG on the floor makes a huge difference even when Jameer is having a decent night doing what he does.

AMEN!!!!

Nelson is a liability....

Wish the Orlando Sentinel sports writers had some guts and speak the truth we all see.

Fire Nelson and B.Hill, free the fans of Orlando from mediocrity..

I agree Magicman. He can score at times and does it well but his thought process has to be ME ME ME ME first!! By the way he plays every night he can't be thinkg distribute. His job as a PG is to distribute and make his team look good. I can't remember if he played the same way in college or not, but I doubt it. Player of the year at point guard usally means leading the nation in assists or close.

After this whole season I firmly believe if we lose out on teh playoff's it will be BHIll's coaching and his persistence to play Jameer no matter what the cost was.

quote:
Have u seen this video???

Carlos Arroyo

Like the Adidas commercial states " You were fooled Because You think it was about me. While I believe it takes 5 to lose...

Come on guys 1 player can't cost us the game it takes 5...

Wow that video was awesome forget that PR totally destroyed the USA team in the Olympics. I wish I seen those type of passes from Arroyo this year.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

BUT, and here is the big BUT, of why I am having problems with him as the PG....He is not the STAR of the team, yet he keeps trying. A great PG will recognize the open guy and pass it to him. Like I have said before, even Michael Jordan had a Steve Kerr or a John Paxson that he would pass the ball to. Not all the time, but when it counted. Having Dwight WIDE open under the basket with your team down by 2 or tied, TWICE and opting to shoot covered is just STUPID....

Ok question, and this is for everyone. Would all of our PG's and Jameer in particular play better if we had that star go to guy?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

BUT, and here is the big BUT, of why I am having problems with him as the PG....He is not the STAR of the team, yet he keeps trying. A great PG will recognize the open guy and pass it to him. Like I have said before, even Michael Jordan had a Steve Kerr or a John Paxson that he would pass the ball to. Not all the time, but when it counted. Having Dwight WIDE open under the basket with your team down by 2 or tied, TWICE and opting to shoot covered is just STUPID....

Ok question, and this is for everyone. Would all of our PG's and Jameer in particular play better if we had that star go to guy?

It depends on the mental approach they take. Do they prefer to score or pass. For example in Jameer's mentors last season in Houston he become very aggravated because he had to walk the ball up the floor and defer to Yao Ming. Yao is an incredible talent that can carry a team but Steve-O still preferred to be a shoot first point guard. I think in a way Jameer has developed that mentality and it also goes with him being the main offense at St. Joes and our go to scorer at the end. I would hope he would defer but I really do not see any indication that he would. Arroyo played with some pretty good players in Detroit and Utah so I do not know if he has already had that oppurtunity since I have not followed his career closely. Diener defers to JJ so I am sure that he would gladly defer to VC or Rashard Lewis. Hopefully Jameer will buy in to Rick Adelman's approach next year and defer to VC.

Now the other question if Jammer was my best friend I would simply put my arm around him and say Steve Nash is about to win his 3rd straight MVP by being a pass first point guard. Food for thought.

quote:

quote:

I feel Diener and Carlos could but would be difficult for Dooling and Jameer.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:

quote:

I could'nt say it better !!!1

quote:
quote:

Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:

quote:

I could'nt say it better !!!1

IDEM!