Sign in to follow this  
MAGICFAN4EVA1

Look what yahoo.com has us picking in Draft. ***!?!?

Let me try to help you on this, experts will change who the 22nd pick goes to all the time. That is why it's the 22nd pick.

Nobody knows for sure whats going to happen, so just calm down, and try to breathe.

Hoopshype.com has the Magic picking the same guy as Yahoo with Rush and Hibert still on the board. I know this doesn't mean a thing, but it is interesting anyway.

Alexis Ajinca 7-1 C Hyeres-Toulon (France) / 1988

European big man with excellent size, length, and athleticism. Fluid player who looks comfortable facing the basket and knocking down mid-range jumpers. Excellent finisher around the rim. Has a good feel for the game, and is a solid passer. Extremely impressive shot-blocker thanks to his freakish wingspan. Still raw in many facets, lacks footwork in the post, and struggles to finish through contact. Extremely thin and frail. Average rebounder and man to man defender. Lacks experience.

Comparison: Channing Frye

Rookie season salary*: $1,176,240 Ranking: 5th Center / 3rd International

I don't think the team will pick another project big man....if anything stay with Augie....and continue developing Gortat...

I mean, unless there are some trades, this team will have

Dwight

Battie

Foyle

Cook

Gortat

Augie(if resigned)

the Serbian dude

Frannie(if he comes over)

Do we need another Big...don't think so...Let me rephrase that...We need quality veterans or solid role players, not another International project....

Rush is a better pick

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I didnt know Yahoo was drafting for us

Maybe it would be a good idea to let somebody else draft for us???

During the tech boom of the 90's, every idiot who could buy a stock made $. CNBC literally had a monkey throw darts at a newspaper to pick stocks and it out performed a good percentage of mutual fund managers. An few elementary school classes did the same.

Even a group of little old ladies made quite a name for themselves by picking stocks & outperforming the so called experts. Even if it turned out to be a complete falacy.

What's the point? Some experts aren't all they are cracked up to be. I'm pretty sure our drafts would have been better picking names randomly out of a hat.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Let me try to help you on this, experts will change who the 22nd pick goes to all the time. That is why it's the 22nd pick.

Nobody knows for sure whats going to happen, so just calm down, and try to breathe.

The absolute truth. Add to that that some players' stock will rise and other's fall. No one can predict what will be left so teams generally list all the players they could get and pick the highest available one. Sometimes, if a highly rated player falls considerably, a team may pick a player they have not researched enough but that rarely happens (Fran).