Sign in to follow this  
Catman

Magic may try and trade up for....

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

I don't want to call you a liar or anything Catman but I have a hard time believing this. It just doesn't sound like Otis Smith to me. Hasn't he been talking about building a team the right way and keeping guys around for chemistry and whatever.

This just sounds like to much of a gamble. Especially coming from a guy who wouldn't part ways with some expiring contracts to bring in another big man for this season.

You are looking at Otis not trading the exprings the wrong way. He did not trade them because he is conservative, he did so because the deals the Magic got in return were godawful.

Now that things have changed, suddenly Otis has the Heat in a situation where they can use an Arroyo/Battie package if Beasley comes to them.

Hedo is simply a guy who will need 10-12 mill after next year. The Magic realize they need a real PF in there and they also know that Hedo does not want to be a bench player. He is not fast enough to guard SGs every night either. That is why the Magic are looking to see what they can get for him.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Take a look at the guys face when he saw where they were going to be picking, that speaks volumes.

I almost peed on myself when I saw his reaction, CLASSIC

I'm going to see if I can make a signature out of it.

I would say go for it if the other teams are willing as I could deal with losing all of those players with the exception of Hedo, but the prospect of getting someone to replace Nelson makes even his loss acceptable. Not sure about Haslem though; in fact, he might as well be named Hasbeen. Final thought, lose Dwight the Dud for a number of players who each could probably run circles around his lack of skill.

I guess the only scenario that makes sense is the Hedo to New York deal. I still have serious doubts whether or not it will happen or not. One thing is for sure, Hedo is going to want a raise after next year and I don't think the Magic can give it to him.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I guess the only scenario that makes sense is the Hedo to New York deal. I still have serious doubts whether or not it will happen or not. One thing is for sure, Hedo is going to want a raise after next year and I don't think the Magic can give it to him.

Hedo for who?

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

nothing personal, but wow..cmon and try and keep up..lol.

Hedo for Spontaneous Nate Robinson. Straight up.

Can you say...... CHAMPIONSHIP?

Agreed Hedo ain't going to be traded to get a better draft pick that hasn't been NBA proven...

I love how some come on here and say they they heard some inside info and yet don't tell us where their info comes from.

Until someone comes on here and gives us that info I take all this with a grain of salt...

but anything is possible.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I'm all for anything that makes this team better, they can have my right arm if sending that out in a deal makes us better.

That is your 'strong' arm isn't it?