Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

Will the top Lottery pick help us get a PG?

I think so.

If Memphis gets the number 1 pick and decides they need to pick Rose to increase their attendance by 5,000(est), now 29th in the league, and deal 2 of their existing point guards for other positions.

Would Redick be enough?

I think so.

If Memphis gets the number 1 pick and decides they need to pick Rose to increase their attendance by 5,000(est), now 29th in the league, and deal 2 of their existing point guards for other positions.

Would Redick be enough?

could happen, but they could also draft Beasley instead.

If your scenario works out, I doubt JJ would be enough and there would be a number of other teams knocking at their door.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

If your scenario works out, I doubt JJ would be enough and there would be a number of other teams knocking at their door.

I would think Memphis would take Beasley because they have some young PG prospects. But Im at a loss about their management so who knows. They could really use Beasley more than Rose IMO. But then again its tough to not take a sure fire stud of a PG in Rose so..

I posted to basically say, I dont know

Thanks for reading LOL

quote:

exactly

they will take beasley but if they end up with rose (if they get the 2nd pick and beasley goes 1st) there will be several teams interested in conley and/or lowry (doubt they'd trade critt). and redick won't be enough for sure. we'd have to offer them MUUUUUCH more.

btw, i don't think that jj has serious trade value. i mean he's a SG and he doesn't get almost any PT on a team that has the weakest SGs in the league.

SERB, I think Conley is there to stay. They drafted him lottery last year and they KNEW what they had in Lowry. Critt was just a filler for a poor attempt to justify that garbage trade. Should they take Rose, Lowry or Critt are goners.

I haven't seen much of Critt this season. Lowry, on the other hand, I would be happy if we found a way to get him.

I also like the PG they waived last season, Kinsey. That kid is a baller and can play defense. I wouldn't mind adding him to our PG crop.

this is a good point, hadnt thought this scenario out at all. but the other 3 teams in contention for the top pick would all pick rose, and altho rose would help attendance so would a good basketball team. so i think they take beasily #1

conley

miller

gay

beasly

darko

thats a pretty good, young starting lineup that will compete maybe not this year but every year past then for sure. plus im pretty sure they got caproom. they'll have to get rid of a pg either way, unless they play crittenton at sg some as well

just went and looked up the team salary and with kwames contract coming off the books, theyre 13 mill under the project cap and wont have to give gay an extension for another two years. they could theoretically sign iggy or more likely gordon this offseason and still have money to give extensions to gay, conly, and beasily

conly

iguodala

gay

beasily

darko

imagine that lineup for at least 6 years (darkos contract ends in 2 but we all recognize he is the weak link and can easily be replaced)

quote:

SERB, I think Conley is there to stay. They drafted him lottery last year and they KNEW what they had in Lowry. Critt was just a filler for a poor attempt to justify that garbage trade. Should they take Rose, Lowry or Critt are goners.

I haven't seen much of Critt this season. Lowry, on the other hand, I would be happy if we found a way to get him.

I also like the PG they waived last season, Kinsey. That kid is a baller and can play defense. I wouldn't mind adding him to our PG crop.

not sure on that one. if they get rose, they won't need conley anymore and i'm also not sure if conley wants to be a career backup. on the other hand i've heard that they plan to keep critt and give him mins at the 1 and 2. lowry is a backup who could start on some teams (orlando being one of them). he's a pretty good defender but with rose they'd get a guy who can defend and so he could be gone too.

kinsey is interesting but he's a 6'6 SG. physically he's pretty weak but last year he had some strong games at the end of the season averaging 18ppg and i think he also got a rookie of the month award. now he plays in turkey i think

quote:
Originally posted by ufballer86:

just went and looked up the team salary and with kwames contract coming off the books, theyre 13 mill under the project cap and wont have to give gay an extension for another two years. they could theoretically sign iggy or more likely gordon this offseason and still have money to give extensions to gay, conly, and beasily

conly

iguodala

gay

beasily

darko

imagine that lineup for at least 6 years (darkos contract ends in 2 but we all recognize he is the weak link and can easily be replaced)

dude, that would be scary. iggy fits in so good with the grizzlies as the 3rd option behind gay and in this case beasley. wow, they'd have everything you need to win it all: scoring + playmaking + defense + bench (navarro, critt, lowry, warrick,...)

they just have an awful GM and an awful coach lol

but i doubt that happens anyway.