Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[Chat] ESPN with J.A Adande [4 Magic questions answered]

Question 1

quote:
Teddy (Boston): Maybe the Atlanta Hawks were underrated? Perhaps Boston's road has been much tougher than the Pistons'? Your thoughts?

J.A. Adande: (3:17 PM ET ) The Hawks, when on, were a better team than their record. But still. And Orlando is a better team than Cleveland.

Question 2

quote:
Jake (Oakland): Wouldn't JJ Redick (I cannot believe I am saying this) be a good fit in Golden State? Baron needs a lights out shooter to pass his open layups to.

J.A. Adande: (3:24 PM ET ) Then you'd be taking a shaky defensive team and making it even worse

Question 3

quote:
Jesse (Chicago, IL): What are your thoughts on the Magic and their ridiculous trash talking? During the series they complained, made guarantees, and now they say that they are the better team. They lost 4-1, the Pistons didn't have their best player for 3 games, and they couldn't stop or force a turnover against a rookie. They did nothing to suggest they are anywhere near the Pistons.

J.A. Adande: (3:34 PM ET ) For people who wondered why I wasn't too optimistic about the Magic's chances this season even though on paper they looked about as good as anyone else in the East, you saw why in that last series. Lack of mental toughness, inability to get a good shot when they had to, foolish statements for a team that hasn't done anything yet. But I do think they'll learn from this and will be a force in the East next year

Question 4

quote:
Rich (Los Angeles, FL): JA, obviously Orlando needs to bulk up in the front court. How do you feel about Tyrus Thomas to the Magic? Putting him next to Dwight is just plain scary for everyone else.

J.A. Adande: (3:49 PM ET ) That'd be two horrible free-throw shooters in the lineup. What if they don't change the Hack-a-Shaq rule?

Also, I saw Nick Anderson4 President post on another thread about getting Tyrus Thomas.

Is that even possible? Any business guys on the boards right now?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Poor old J.J. His rep for being a poor defender has national writer's labeling him, and I know Mr. Andande is not the first.

The season is over, at what point do the snide remarks end?

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Poor old J.J. His rep for being a poor defender has national writer's labeling him, and I know Mr. Andande is not the first.

The season is over, at what point do the snide remarks end?

You have a choice. You can choose to ignore it and discuss another subject(like I do) or respond. You chose the latter.

Last time I checked that's what a message board was for, talking.

quote:

but freaking hell junkie, you are the longest running broken record ever. It is redickulous.

But freakin hell Hutchence, get the H-e-l-l off this thread if you don't like it.

I hated your Keyon Dooling thread which by the way was extremely long but I never got involved in it because I didn't like it.

Man-up, girlfriend!!!

it isn't a matter of "man-up". You keep saying you have the right to your opinion, I have the right to mine. I don't like Redick anymore than you do but in your old age I'm afraid for your health with all this anger.

quote:

it isn't a matter of "man-up". You keep saying you have the right to your opinion, I have the right to mine. I don't like Redick anymore than you do but in your old age I'm afraid for your health with all this anger.

Being as how I saw your picture in Rockchalk's Blue&White Ignite thread, are you sure I'm the one who needs to be worrying about health?