Sign in to follow this  
royce59

point proven

As i have said many times, there is no need for any changes, even at the point guard position, as demonstrated by jameers 9 assists. This shows that he is willing to hand the ball round to get to the playoffs, i believe that in the memphis game he also had 6+ assists.

As i have said many times, there is no need for any changes, even at the point guard position, as demonstrated by jameers 9 assists. This shows that he is willing to hand the ball round to get to the playoffs, i believe that in the memphis game he also had 6+ assists.

quote:
Originally posted by royce59:

there is no need for any changes

I see your point.

Why change anything when we already have a sub-.500 team that will be eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs?

What more could we ask for?

What was that definition of insanity? Oh yeah: "Doing the same things over and over, and expecting a different result".

Change? Who needs it !!!

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

there is no need for any changes

I see your point.

Why change anything when we already have a sub-.500 team that will be eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs?

What more could we ask for?

What was that definition of insanity? Oh yeah: "Doing the same things over and over, and expecting a different result".

Change? Who needs it !!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

No, I think changes are still necessary. We need a consistent scorer (who can take the load off Dwight) and a change in coaching philosophy or staff. Coach Hill just has not adapted fast enough, and it has cost the Magic the entire season. Nelson can be a pass first PG as was the case the past two games....now why this was not realized back in December or, heck, even January, is beyond me.

A Vince Carter or Rashard Lewis will immensely help this potentially talented team.

Retooling Darko to be like a Dirk is also so important. We can't clog the lane. We need him a little out to shoot or pass, and, yes, dunk, as well. That's just it. Darko is so versatile and so under utilized by Brian Hill, it is a shame.

A PG change? We'll see. I would prefer Nelson if he gets his act together, and he is (finally) starting to do so. He has the heart of a champion, and I like this about him. I also like that he is good friends with Howard.

A backcourt of a pass first Nelson and Vince Carter -- can potentially be deadly. Nelson just needs to be more consistent. Let us keep an eye on him in the game vs. the Pistons.

Re: changes. Well, yeah, a coaching change would be very nice so we can finally get this talented team in the right direction!

quote:

2 games isn't enough to make up for a disappointing season. If he continues to play this way through the playoff run then maybe we can talk. Jameer won't get his extension this summer but I seriously doubt he's getting traded either. If anything the Magic will sign a cheap second tier free agent point guard. If they were smart they would resign Diener and swear to him that he will get significant minutes next season.

Too bad we don't play 82 games against beat up, tanking out the season teams like Memphis and Milwaukee.

If we did, I would agree no changes need to be made.

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

No, I think changes are still necessary. We need a consistent scorer (who can take the load off Dwight) and a change in coaching philosophy or staff. Coach Hill just has not adapted fast enough, and it has cost the Magic the entire season. Nelson can be a pass first PG as was the case the past two games....now why this was not realized back in December or, heck, even January, is beyond me.

A Vince Carter or Rashard Lewis will immensely help this potentially talented team.

Retooling Darko to be like a Dirk is also so important. We can't clog the lane. We need him a little out to shoot or pass, and, yes, dunk, as well. That's just it. Darko is so versatile and so under utilized by Brian Hill, it is a shame.

A PG change? We'll see. I would prefer Nelson if he gets his act together, and he is (finally) starting to do so. He has the heart of a champion, and I like this about him. I also like that he is good friends with Howard.

A backcourt of a pass first Nelson and Vince Carter -- can potentially be deadly. Nelson just needs to be more consistent. Let us keep an eye on him in the game vs. the Pistons.

Re: changes. Well, yeah, a coaching change would be very nice so we can finally get this talented team in the right direction!

Good post.

quote:
If they were smart they would resign Diener and swear to him that he will get significant minutes next season.

Oh, man - I hope this is the way they go, but I'm not holding my breath. This isn't a team that's made really great personnel moves in the past and we tend to trade championship-calliber players to other teams all too often.

In all honesty, Jameer's 9 assists isn't at all impressive against Milwaukee. He should've had at least 12.

Yeah it's nice to see him distributing but his inconsistencies on offense and the fact he's a defensive liability make him worthy of coming off the bench.

Everyone played well last night, MagicNoles. But then again, everyone should play well against a depleted, less talented Bucks squad except for maybe you.

I'm by no means hating on 9 assists. But when you take a look at the entire season, Jameer has only eclipsed 8 assists in a game twice if you count last night.