Sign in to follow this  
vld1

Is Rashaad really max salary player?

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

quote:
Originally posted by DustinMyselfOff:

I feel like it's impossible to look at just Rashard and just his money, but instead you have to look at the overall investments and the overall returns.

From last year to this year the investments have paid off. Hopefully they will pay of even more over the next few years.

How can we say that the improvements were due to Lewis and not having a MUCH BETTER coach this year than last year?

so true!!!

anyway, back to topic... when rashard opted out last year i was thinking something like "man, this guy is so stupid, nobody's going to give him $9mill". well, there was a guy who was that stupid - and his name is NOT isiah thomas. i still think that shard's real value is under $9mill. yes, he can shoot the 3 but so can jason kapono and he's getting the MLE i think.

Is Rashard really max salary player?

Yes. If you don't believe me, you should see his pay stub.

My point being, it really doesn't matter what we think.

He IS a max salary player, and nothing is going to change it.

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

quote:
Originally posted by DustinMyselfOff:

I feel like it's impossible to look at just Rashard and just his money, but instead you have to look at the overall investments and the overall returns.

From last year to this year the investments have paid off. Hopefully they will pay of even more over the next few years.

How can we say that the improvements were due to Lewis and not having a MUCH BETTER coach this year than last year?

I don't know how I could say that because I didn't.

I was saying that you can't seperate the individual changes (I used the word investments since we were talking about Rashard's money) you have to look at ALL the changes as a whole.

As a whole this team is better now than they were a year ago, so it's hard for me to say any of the decisions were wrong necessarily. (Even though personally those aren't decisions I would have made)

if they would of gave rashard the ball more we would have won no one on detroit could really guard him being able to shoot and drive but they wanna give turk the ball wit tayshaun on him rashard should be the go to guy and dwight is a playoff flop he needs something else turk should be traded for ron artest and we will be str8

quote:
Originally posted by D-Money:

if they would of gave rashard the ball more we would have won no one on detroit could really guard him being able to shoot and drive but they wanna give turk the ball wit tayshaun on him rashard should be the go to guy and dwight is a playoff flop he needs something else turk should be traded for ron artest and we will be str8

Welcome, D-Money.

You do bring up the one point that irritated me during this series, and my one primary criticism of SVG (although, overall, I am an SVG guy).

Anyone who did not see going into these playoffs that the Hedo/Tayshaun matchup was a disaster-waiting-to-happen, then they have not been paying attention.

Rashard should have been the go-to guy. To definitively state that we would have won with that approach would be foolhardy, as we didn't do it, so we really don't know what the result would have been, or how the Pistons would have adjusted.

It's interesting that, before the series, Charles talked about the fact that he thought Rashard created a match-up nightmare for the Pistons. I agree with Sir Charles in this case, and to continue to try to run the offense through Hedo was silly. Tayshaun is extremely long and much quicker, thus Hedo had no chance of consistently running the team.

Dwight a flop in the playoffs? Ask Toronto if they agree.

Hedo for Artest? It won't happen, so it really doesn't matter.

I disagree. Rashard got oppertunities in the 4th and would pass them up. He needs to take them. He needs to be the man. He needs to demand the ball in crunch time.

quote:
Originally posted by DarkoHero:

I disagree. Rashard got oppertunities in the 4th and would pass them up. He needs to take them. He needs to be the man. He needs to demand the ball in crunch time.

I agree with you, but that doesn't contradict my position.

SVG needs to get in Rashard's face and demand that he make something happen.

In fact, your point is why I say that I'm not convinced it would have changed the outcome. My point is that running the offense through Hedo was pretty much a guarantee of failure, as long as they continued leaving Prince on him.

Rashard did great because of the position he was put in by Battie going down...

In my opinion he earned his money...

Maybe next season his numbers will improve when he can get a chance to show us what he really can do...

which includes being a go to player...

I agree SVG should of used him differently against Detroit...

Hedo had one Detroit's best defenders on him

Rashard is a great scorer. And, I know the Magic felt they had to over-pay to get him. But I don't view him as a max caliber player.

I think he's on a similar level as a Josh Howard or Richard Jefferson. By NBA salary standards, I think he's probably worth somewhere between $10-12 million per year, definitely not $20 million a year.

Question is, was Rashard enough to take the Magic to the NBA championship considering the franchise will likely not have the ability to add another star until his contract ends? The answer, at least this year, is NO.

If he can't be the missing piece to the championship, then it was not good to cut the team's possibilities by paying him that much.

We'll see next year. I do agree he needs to be more active. So much potential in this mismatches... something needs to be done.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

to continue to try to run the offense through Hedo was silly. Tayshaun is extremely long and much quicker, thus Hedo had no chance of consistently running the team.

the problem is that hedo (who developed into a point forward under SVG) is the only playmaker on our roster. that's why he run the offense through him. nelson is NOT A PLAYMAKER AND HE'LL NEVER BE ONE. stan realized that and that's the reason hedo is running our offense