Sign in to follow this  
DwightHoward1880

if the refs hadnt blatanly been pro detroit could we have taken it in 5?

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Badboys:

Just get bigger in the offseason, Magic.

Bigger???

Hamilton can barely stay upright as it is... what would happen if we got bigger? lol

It would make Rips flops all the more convincing.

yes it is absolutely blood boiling that the pistons had a HUUUUUUUUUUGE free throw advantage at the end of the games. It was unbearable, true. BUT, at the end of game 5 does anyone recall when Jameer Nelson went down the court, and i think we had a one point lead im not sure but he was unguarded and untouched and just basically gave one of the pistons a bounce pass? But yes, It does seem like a conspiracy when they call a foul on the magic for what, 5 straight possessions in the fourth quarter of game 5 and we "magically" kept getting stripped in the same manner but got no whistles. THATS NOT WHY WE LOST THOUGH! Detroit did an ok job in this series, im not going to give credit where it is not really due, but we beat ourselves, they didn't beat us nearly as bad as we beat ourselves. Dwight, he's a great DUNKER. In my opinion thats all ive seen.. I could care less about that stupid superman cape. I love the Magic, but so many times this season ive complained about stretches where they would seem to laugh and joke it up on the court and not focus on improvement when it counted like times when they would lose to teams they should have beaten rather easily but they SO focused on who didnt make the all star team, and who should have won the dunk contest LAST YEAR, screw last year this is now. Im sorry for venting like this but last thing i will say is Rashard Lewis showed up and showed out for the playoffs, did an amazing job and im happy he is on our team right now, and not to take away from Hedos heroics in the regular season but Lewis was hot in the playoffs and I think he should have gotten more touches in fourth quarters when his confidence was rising. Turk was shooting brick, after brick after brick. He tried to lob the ball in game 5 and hit the backboard as if he was just giving up on the play.......WHATEVER, I sound like a Magic hater but im just frustrated I hope this offseason brings even more improvement. If not, God be with us

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

The refs were miserable and I can't wait til Dwight has the respect in the league from the refs the way the pistons big guys do such as Rasheed Wallace.

Yes it there were some bad calls both ways this series, but if you think that the refs respect Rasheed Wallace you are living in a dream world.

I think what so many are not really addressing is that a large percentage of the Magic's turnovers were a result of the officials not calling the close fouls against the Pistons the same way they called them against the Magic. It is really that simple. The Pistons caused a lot of turnovers by fouling the Magic and getting away with it.

You can beat this dead horse all you want but the only true thing the Magic had control over is the horrible free throw shooting. But that is only 1 out of 3. I think the turnovers would have been way down if the proper fouls were called. Which also lends credence to the fact the games were very favorable to the Pistons when it came to crucial calls. You can yell about the little ticky tack calls that should have been made, but when it came to the final 2 minutes in every quarter it was the Pistons that got the Veteran calls and the Magic that never heard the whistle. It was like the refs in many circumstances raised their hand for a foul or calling the ball the other way and then realized it was the Magic they would give the call to not the Pistons so they retracted the call.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

I've got to agree with what dub says...

we lost it by not playing MAGIC basketball...

but the Refs did not help our cause

I agree too .. and change either of those things and we might be getting ready to play the ECF right now.

Was this series poorly officiated in favor of Detroit?

I believe so.

Did the poor officiating have an effect on the outcome?

I believe so.

Was the poor officiating the reason for our loss?

Not at all.

While it obviously makes things harder, the Magic were in a position to win EVERY game in this series, except game 1. But it was mistakes, such as unforced turnovers (I don't know how many times we passed the ball out of bounds this series) as well as bad shot selection that cost us this series.

We can whine and cry all we want about the refs, but the fact is, despite all of that we still were in a position to win, and we didn't execute, plain and simple.

So while I am just as frustrated as anyone on the officiating, it is not something we can place the blame on. Pistons beat us, fair and square, and all we can do is regroup for next year.

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

quote:

The refs were miserable and I can't wait til Dwight has the respect in the league from the refs the way the pistons big guys do such as Rasheed Wallace.

Yes it there were some bad calls both ways this series, but if you think that the refs respect Rasheed Wallace you are living in a dream world.

OMG! This is easily the funniest thing I've read on the site yet! Sheed gets a customary T each game just for walking onto the court.

quote:
Originally posted by Badboys:

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

quote:

OMG! This is easily the funniest thing I've read on the site yet! Sheed gets a customary T each game just for walking onto the court.

The NBA refs probably curse each time they pull a Piston game assignment. I've watched 'Sheed for a while now (even back with the Blazers) and he is constantly berating the refs. It is just his thing.

Im not saying they respect them as a person...They respect knowing he is a good basketball player and a vet...They just give him calls...

In one of the games I saw him slap dwight across the arms got both of his arms not even close to the ball and nothing was called.

If you don't think the refs respect that guy as a good basketball player your in another world. They may hate to do his games but theres def respect for the guy as a player.

Why did not dwight howard step up in game 5 like pierce and james did in game 7 in boston. I like the guy but he calls himself superman he has got to earn it. If he truly is a dominet center then it is time to step up at crunch time. He should have taken over the game. Sure he can put the cape on at the all star game and dunk a basketball. But can he get to the next level. He still has time of course. One more thing will he stay in orlando or go to new york, lakers, boston. The big boys will be calling like they did oneil.

It was part refs, but mostly us.

If the refs had been consistently correct and we had still played the way we did, we would of lost in 6 or 7.

If we would of played MAGIC basketball, like more Games 2-4 instead of Games 1 & 5, then we probably would of won in 6.

EDIT: By the way if Dwight ever leaves then it won't be for another 5 years, so we can at least stop worrying about some Shaq bolting-type scenario for a while.

Besides, we'll have to worry about Hedo leaving before him.