Sign in to follow this  
djmase20

Jameer was a POINT GUARD last night

quote:
Guys, while I liked how Jameer played last night, we beat a Milwaukee team that was downright awful. AWFUL. They maybe had one, ONE, starting caliber player last night in Mo Williams ... and even he wasn't a starter until this year. Plus, Jameer was matched up with an elf (Boykins). I want to see Jameer (and this team) play well against a decent/good team. Besides his turnover and shot selection problems this year, Jameer has terribly struggled defending decent pgs all year ... he is way undersized. Before we jump for joy and hand Jameer the reins, let's wait and see how he plays against solid NBA competition.

right, but the point is the willingness he showed to do the things I mentioned. He could have gotten 25 shots up over Boykins and the "awful" Bucks team defense, but he chose not to. That is what I'm talking about.

The box score states he shot 4 of 8 which is great but my memory of watching the game is that he tanked a couple of three pointers badly and missed another jump shot. Then he started penetrating again.

The point being that his willingness to pass may have been from not feeling his shot was falling. I would like to see stay a pass first PG even if his shot is falling.

Nevertheless, by whatever means, he played his best game from the standpoint of being a true point guard. I hope he takes the lesson to the rest of the games.

What gets me about Jameer is that he has the talent to be a great point guard, if he decides to be one. He penetrates and has good court vision. Willingness to share is the missing ingredient.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

quote:
Guys, while I liked how Jameer played last night, we beat a Milwaukee team that was downright awful. AWFUL. They maybe had one, ONE, starting caliber player last night in Mo Williams ... and even he wasn't a starter until this year. Plus, Jameer was matched up with an elf (Boykins). I want to see Jameer (and this team) play well against a decent/good team. Besides his turnover and shot selection problems this year, Jameer has terribly struggled defending decent pgs all year ... he is way undersized. Before we jump for joy and hand Jameer the reins, let's wait and see how he plays against solid NBA competition.

right, but the point is the willingness he showed to do the things I mentioned. He could have gotten 25 shots up over Boykins and the "awful" Bucks team defense, but he chose not to. That is what I'm talking about.

Soul Bro what about the other 12 games this season against really awful teams where jameer played?? He was horrible in those also.

I f he played like last night in those other 12 we would be way over .500

Just commenting on the Thread title.

I'm glad he had a solid game last night with a bunch of assists...but

If he was a PG last night, what has he been for the previous 3 years? Shouldn't that say something about the title of the thread, I mean, an entire thread dedicated to pointing out that a PG played as a PG should have played for the previous 3 seasons?

I think this only solidifies Junkies thread about Jameer's extension and how he has serious reservations of not having Jameer as the future PG of the team.

Don't get me wrong, I am very glad he played well and like I said, he got a bunch of assists, mind it being against one of the worst teams in the NBA who apparently are tanking their season.

I just feel that something is off when your "future" PG star has perhaps the most solid PG game of his season, if not his career, and someone opens a thread titled Jameer played like a PG last night.

Much Love!

quote:
Yeah, Soul Bro has a point. Maybe I am celebrating way too soon. We did play sucky teams the last two games...

Honestly I don't care if we played the so called sucky teams. We are playing the way we should and it showed we can easily dominate when we keep that type of play up. Mark my words we will dominate the pistons because we have something to prove and were on that Euphoric High which will roll into the next game. We will be a force to be wreckin with in the post season...

Congrats Jammer you proved to us these past two games that you could easily get a double double playing unselfishly... Your shot will come back I know you been cold lately but I got a feeling your gonna have a spark going into Pistons game. If not do what you been doing lately playing outstanding with that ball movement. Hope you get the extension m8.

LOL Matty makes me laugh I love that guy. "I know you guys hate it when I say this but great passing is highly contagious" Which is true even Darko Had nice behind the back pass that game.

quote:
Originally posted by FRED:

If he was a PG last night, what has he been for the previous 3 years? Shouldn't that say something about the title of the thread, I mean, an entire thread dedicated to pointing out that a PG played as a PG should have played for the previous 3 seasons?

He was a rookie behind Steve Francis for the first year, he was off the bench in his second year up until the all-star break and he has been our PG for the 16-6 run in and this season.

There is no way in hell he is the perfect PG, but he is still learning and he has far more talent than any other PGs we have.

The point of the thread title is that yes he hasnt been great up until now but he showed glimpses last night of what he could be.

quote:

Seriously, dude? That

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

It helped that we were making jumpers, but it was nice to see Jameer get a lot of assist for ONCE. He was really looking for his teammates and it became contagious. If Jameer gets into the lane good things happen. I have said it all year. Even if his first pass isnt the assist, the 2nd pass out of the lane many times is. Thats why Hedo had so many as well. Early jumpshots in the shot clock without making a pss should be FORBIDDEN, except in 2-1 cases. Maybe Jammer is growing up. Who knows, sometimes it can take years before PG's really "get it" i.e. Steve Nash and Chauncy Billups. I know its one game, but he should be watching the tape of this over and over.

Thats what I've been saying. Reason for Jameer's low assists is dead plays A.K.A. Turnovers or teammates taking his assists. Many of the people here don't appreciate what we have.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by FRED:

He was a rookie behind Steve Francis for the first year, he was off the bench in his second year up until the all-star break and he has been our PG for the 16-6 run in and this season.

There is no way in hell he is the perfect PG, but he is still learning and he has far more talent than any other PGs we have.

The point of the thread title is that yes he hasnt been great up until now but he showed glimpses last night of what he could be.

Granted - he was a rookie behind Stevie Francis (played minutes as back-up), he was coming off the bench his 2nd year untill the all-star break (played considerable minutes as back up) and was the PG for the 16-6 run at the end of last season as well as this season (played considerable minutes as starting PG)...plus add the experience gained in the summers, off-season and practice time he has put in all of his 3 seasons...

I know it usually takes PG's some time to get into the game...I just feel he isn't where he should be after 3 years in the league...nor are any of our PG's in their roles for that matter. Then again, this could all be attributed to the coaching staff and their ideas as to how to run a team, but that's another story.

If you compare him to lets say, Hinrich and even Ridnour, who have precisely the same ammount of experince, he isn't nowhere near where he should probably be at this stage of his career whereas the other 2 PG's I just mentioned contribute day-in-day-out to their teams. They are consistent.

Talented PG's in the team? Talent is overrated my friend! You can never truly compare the "talent" of our PG's just by looking at stats!

Thanks for pointing out that he hasn't been great up until now, but to be honest, it's not about being great in this team, it's about contributing and being consistent...something he undenniably hasn't done or been in his 3 seasons. One game with 9 assists...that truly is a glimpse of what he could be....one game out of 240+ games he has played or seen action in his 3 seasons. There's something to be positive about!

I agree...he is not a perfect PG...no one is perfect at their respective positions, and I will never ask perfection of our guys; but I will ask for consistency on a nightly basis.

Argue against that...reality shows what has gone on with this team, and his individual play the last 3 seasons, and as of now, I wouldn't bet my horses on a PG who played as "PG last night" nor on the same PG being our FUTURE PG on simply a "glimpse of what he could be".

Much Love!