Sign in to follow this  
djmase20

Jameer was a POINT GUARD last night

It helped that we were making jumpers, but it was nice to see Jameer get a lot of assist for ONCE. He was really looking for his teammates and it became contagious. If Jameer gets into the lane good things happen. I have said it all year. Even if his first pass isnt the assist, the 2nd pass out of the lane many times is. Thats why Hedo had so many as well. Early jumpshots in the shot clock without making a pss should be FORBIDDEN, except in 2-1 cases. Maybe Jammer is growing up. Who knows, sometimes it can take years before PG's really "get it" i.e. Steve Nash and Chauncy Billups. I know its one game, but he should be watching the tape of this over and over.

It helped that we were making jumpers, but it was nice to see Jameer get a lot of assist for ONCE. He was really looking for his teammates and it became contagious. If Jameer gets into the lane good things happen. I have said it all year. Even if his first pass isnt the assist, the 2nd pass out of the lane many times is. Thats why Hedo had so many as well. Early jumpshots in the shot clock without making a pss should be FORBIDDEN, except in 2-1 cases. Maybe Jammer is growing up. Who knows, sometimes it can take years before PG's really "get it" i.e. Steve Nash and Chauncy Billups. I know its one game, but he should be watching the tape of this over and over.

Usually when Jameer drives he either looks to shoot or alley oop to Dwight. Last night he was driving and kicking out to open shooters which greatly helped our ball movement.

I still want to see him do that against quality teams and not one tanking out the rest of the season.

Jameer was past-first last night. For that matter, Hedo played unselfish, like late last year.

The thing with the Magic playing down to their opposition is that it never gives them the chance to gain confidence. These last two games are great examples. When you beat up a lesser opponent, it gives you a chance to look really good and gain that edge that we've been missing for awhile. Everybody looked great last night. We need more of that.

We need a good effort against Detroit to keep the momentum going.

Jameer and Turk were completely unselfish last night and like Matty Guokas said when you play like that you tend to score even more which Turk did. Now Jameer was looking to pass first and was not even shooting which was great. All those lobs and easy passes will not be there against Detroit though. Out of all the teams in the East they are the least likely to take a night off so it is going to be tough sledding. Hopefully Philly pulls one out tonight and gives the Magic a little cushion.

Turk had one of his best overall games of the year last night. The points and the ball movement. It was great.

Nelson did play as a true PG. Let's see him do it again next game and then I'll start jumping up and down.

Last night was an indication of how good this team can be even with this lineup. The success does hinge a lot on Jameer and Turk. I LOVE the PG that showed up in Jameer Nelson last night. Hopefully the team can keep this going.

Next test vs. a proven contender. Let's hit 'em with everything we've got!

Guys, while I liked how Jameer played last night, we beat a Milwaukee team that was downright awful. AWFUL. They maybe had one, ONE, starting caliber player last night in Mo Williams ... and even he wasn't a starter until this year. Plus, Jameer was matched up with an elf (Boykins). I want to see Jameer (and this team) play well against a decent/good team. Besides his turnover and shot selection problems this year, Jameer has terribly struggled defending decent pgs all year ... he is way undersized. Before we jump for joy and hand Jameer the reins, let's wait and see how he plays against solid NBA competition.

It was a positive step in the right direction. I will be very interested to see if he can do it against a good team.

Yeah, Soul Bro has a point. Maybe I am celebrating way too soon. We did play sucky teams the last two games...

OK...let us see how we do against Detroit. I want us to at least compete.

Not trying to through Arroyo into the Jameer thread but have to if I am going to make this paint. I really like they way they both played when it mattered and specifically this stat.

Jameer/Carlos 14 Assists/14 Shot attemps

I can live with a shot attempt for every assist they get.