Sign in to follow this  
EnFuego

Francine Vazquez update

Don't know if anyone else posted this but I saw an update on him in the global scouting report at NBA.COM.

quote:
Vazquez deserves credit for turning his season around. After struggling with injuries over the summer, the 6-10 pivot was playing mere spot minutes for Barcelona at the beginning of the season. As the year has progressed, Vazquez's productivity has picked up, and he has been a significant part of Barca's late-season success. Vazquez has posted 10.8 points and 1.3 blocks in 20.3 minutes per game on .659 shooting in Euroleague Top 16 play to date. You'd like to seem him more effective on the boards (3.8 rpg) because it is the category he will be relied upon to produce in at the NBA level, but it's nice to see Vazquez starting to get back to the point where his game and his confidence once was...

http://www.nba.com/fedex/

Regardless of how we I feel about him personally, speaking strickly from a basketball perspective, it is to our benefit that he does well in Europe. We own his rights, if he plays well, we may yet get some value from him via a trade (Don Nelson would love him).

Many more important things to talk about right now but a good bash Fran thread is always good for the soul.

Don't know if anyone else posted this but I saw an update on him in the global scouting report at NBA.COM.

quote:
Vazquez deserves credit for turning his season around. After struggling with injuries over the summer, the 6-10 pivot was playing mere spot minutes for Barcelona at the beginning of the season. As the year has progressed, Vazquez's productivity has picked up, and he has been a significant part of Barca's late-season success. Vazquez has posted 10.8 points and 1.3 blocks in 20.3 minutes per game on .659 shooting in Euroleague Top 16 play to date. You'd like to seem him more effective on the boards (3.8 rpg) because it is the category he will be relied upon to produce in at the NBA level, but it's nice to see Vazquez starting to get back to the point where his game and his confidence once was...

http://www.nba.com/fedex/

Regardless of how we I feel about him personally, speaking strickly from a basketball perspective, it is to our benefit that he does well in Europe. We own his rights, if he plays well, we may yet get some value from him via a trade (Don Nelson would love him).

Many more important things to talk about right now but a good bash Fran thread is always good for the soul.

So let me see if I have this right, he blew us off because he didn't feel he was ready, then he went to a weaker league than the one he was already in and not only did his numbers decrease but he also has confidence issues?

Is this guy for real? Is the only reason he is getting paid to play professionally because he is 6-10? He has got to be the greatist con artist of all time.