Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[ESPN Chat] Chad Ford @ 1PM EST

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=20517

quote:
Rich (St. Louis): How is the Billups three the big story for Game 2, but his injury only mentioned as an afterthought for Game 3? Pistons went from down 4 to down 18 in the blink of an eye when he went out...

Chad Ford: (1:03 PM ET ) No ... that's the story. Billups is the most important player on the Pistons. If he's out ... the team will struggle to beat Orlando. Rodney Stuckey is going to be good, but you never want a rookie guard running the show in the playoffs. With a healthy Billups, I think the Pistons pull this out. Without him, I think Orlando probably advances.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=20517

quote:
Rich (St. Louis): How is the Billups three the big story for Game 2, but his injury only mentioned as an afterthought for Game 3? Pistons went from down 4 to down 18 in the blink of an eye when he went out...

Chad Ford: (1:03 PM ET ) No ... that's the story. Billups is the most important player on the Pistons. If he's out ... the team will struggle to beat Orlando. Rodney Stuckey is going to be good, but you never want a rookie guard running the show in the playoffs. With a healthy Billups, I think the Pistons pull this out. Without him, I think Orlando probably advances.

Everyone remain calm......

TCO (Riverside, CA): Reddick and Morrison have not exactly gotten extended playing time. I would not count out atleast one of those two yet.

Chad Ford: (1:44 PM ET ) Morrison got a ton of playing time his rookie year and was horrible. Injuries kept him out all year. There's a reason Reddick isn't getting minutes over Mo Evans. He's a bust.

Ford's head just exploded.

Aaron (West Laf): So Darko is officially a bust now? I think many other GMs would have picked him #2 in that draft.

That question went up and he still hasn't replied.

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

TCO (Riverside, CA): Reddick and Morrison have not exactly gotten extended playing time. I would not count out atleast one of those two yet.

Chad Ford: (1:44 PM ET ) Morrison got a ton of playing time his rookie year and was horrible. Injuries kept him out all year. There's a reason Reddick isn't getting minutes over Mo Evans. He's a bust.

Ouch!!!

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

Ouch!!!

No secret I like Darko, but I always thought Dumars was an idiot for not taking Melo. Det was a great defensive team that lacked scoring, Melo instantly gave it to them. That would look even worse if Prince hadn't developed into a solid all around player & they hadn't landed Sheed for nothing.

Morrison always looked too slow in college and he didn't even do anything well in college outside put the ball in the basket. I'd be surprised if Larry Brown had him on the roster for training camp.