Sign in to follow this  
ibonedteribell

Do you think The Warlock will have some minutes in the playoffs?

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I doubt he will even be on the playoff roster

Howard, Foyle, Cook, Garrity, Lewis, Hedo, Evans, Bogans, Redick, Dooling, Nelson, Arroyo

in all honesty, i think we would be a better overall team if you took away cook and bogans and added gortat and redick. gortat's overall defense would be better than cooks, because cook cant to anything right, and we wouldnt lose what few threes he does make because jj can shoot threes better than anyone...and tire out the opposing teams' sg ala rip hamilton.

for some reason i didnt see redick on the intial list...however what i said still stands. i would rather have gortat than cook.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I doubt he will even be on the playoff roster

Howard, Foyle, Cook, Garrity, Lewis, Hedo, Evans, Bogans, Redick, Dooling, Nelson, Arroyo

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Gortat take Redick's postseason roster spot on your list. We have plent of guards. If our goal is to play Detroit in the second round, IMO we will need as much muscle coming off the bench as possible to match up with them.

I would take Garrity out and leave Gortat in(defense, rebounding and points in the paint) and Reddick, (3 pt range if our main scorers go cold).

Correct me on this...

Raptors SG's and SF's aren't that big most of them right?

If this is the way, I see this line-up going through the second unit.

Carlos

Dooling

Bogans/Evans

Lewis/Turk

Warlock?/Auggie?/Howard for 48?

I don't really now about our frontcourt rotation what would be? The same? Warlock will play at all? I think he deserve it, men all year without playing a single sec. and have that game. That's super.

quote:
Originally posted by Arroyo fan:

I don't really now about our frontcourt rotation what would be? The same? Warlock will play at all? I think he deserve it, men all year without playing a single sec. and have that game. That's super.

Going by SVG's playbook, it'll be Dwight, Rashard, Cook, and about 5 minutes of Foyle. If Cook's still injured, Pat Garrity to the rescue.

Marcin is indeed on the playoff roster. Interesting decision to leave Cook off. Although I like it. You play for the series you're in & what can you really expect from Cook after he's missed so much time?

After what I saw from Foyle today, it's unfortunate Gortat didn't get a better look during the season. Foyle looked like road kill out there.

quote:
After what I saw from Foyle today, it's unfortunate Gortat didn't get a better look during the season. Foyle looked like road kill out there

He held the fort down just fine. We only need 5 or 6 minutes a game outta him. Gortat's not playoff ready (or regular season ready for that matter), but I do think he'll good in the future.

quote:
He held the fort down just fine. We only need 5 or 6 minutes a game outta him.

What? Aluminum Foyle was in there for 4:13 and in those precious minutes, the Magic were outscored by 7 points. That's happened all season. Foyle seems like a nice enough guy, but he lumbers up and down the court in slow motion like a sack of bricks and appears genuinely confused when someone throws him the ball.

Granted, Gordat might be inexperienced in the NBA, but at least he's in shape! In that last game vs. the Wizards he played almost all of the second half and he was only getting better as the clock clicked down. Frankly, the guy looked like a potential monster (yes, I know it was against Wizard subs, but still...). He can dunk, block, rebound and run up and down the court without risking a coronary.

The Magic are foolish not to move him into the number 2 spot behind Howard. Right now, they're counting on Dwight to be in there carrying the team for 40+ minutes a game. That's not going to last through round after round of playoff game. We need a strong, young, big man to fill in and Gordat's the guy. Aluminum can ride his exercycle and pull his four minutes as #3 big man in the middle.

Experience is overrated. Did anyone watch the Detroit-Philly game? That was great coaching and hands-on approach by Maurice Cheeks. I'm so glad they beat Detroit! Biggest upset since Nuggets-Sonics in 94

Even with some of his players in foul trouble he didn't panic and calmed his team down. Didn't take out key guys when they picked up the 5th foul like SVG does. Maurice believes in his players because he's taught them well. He trusted his young players to play smart, and so they did.

Good coaches trust their players, because they have been taught well, no matter how young or "inexperienced". Gortat was already playing against some competition in Europe, and against Howard in practice, he's no high school player. Same with Augustine, who's quicker and will give the Magic more quality minutes and hustle than Foyle

quote:
Experience is overrated.

Take a look at the rosters of past 10 years of NBA champions and say that. Experiance is everything in the playoffs. Foyle is a smart player for the 5-6 minutes we'll need him in a game.

quote:
Biggest upset since Nuggets-Sonics in 94

Didn't realize the Sixers won the series already.