Sign in to follow this  
the Judge

do these boards reflect the ethno-centric nature of humans?

LOL, Oh God I sense a showdown coming. Revolvers at 20 paces.

quote:

There are numeorus Arroyo fans that have added insight and decency to this board, and for that they are very much apprciated. Their words are a shining light that eluminates the darkness from the other side of the spectrum.

Thank you for this, and I appreciate you stating the word "numerous", because I honestly agree.

I also appreciate your list of "fringe" comments because I had not seen most or any of those. But please understand that it's impossible for everyone (especially for newer members) to trace back conflicts, and we see the types of "fringe" comments you quote but also see comments like "Wishing Arroyo's a** goodbye and that of all his fans". You see... Comments like that do sound racist even though they are just reactions, but maybe (and I mean maybe, because I don't speak for anyone and I don't justify inflammatory remarks) some of the quotes you put up are reactions from people who are not aware of a chain of events.

I am not concluding anything, I'm just trying to understand.

There certainly are comments that are made irresponsibly by both sides. God, and the mods, know I've made a few insensitive remarks on this board. I was even suspended for two weeks. But I have apologized in every instance once I reflected with a better sense of understanding.

You must enjoy the passion that all Arroyo fans view their favorite player with. Sometimes though it can be overwhelmingly senseless and this leads to frustration and retaliation.

Overall though, I doubt there are any ill feelings. At least I hope that's the case.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

There certainly are comments that are made irresponsibly by both sides. God, and the mods, know I've made a few insensitive remarks on this board. I was even suspended for two weeks. But I have apologized in every instance once I reflected with a better sense of understanding.

As long as I'm helping you make progress Smackdaddy. Its all good.

Short winded enough for you after that "long winded" empty attack of yours? LOL!

For the record, I am not a "Arroyo only and only Arroyo" fan but I get anoyed when I read posts from people that judge puertoricans without any basis at all.

This Arroyo thing is puertorican culture at its best and is charasteristic among latins overall. We have Puerto Rico written all over our hearts and feel proud when a puertorican accomplishes what Arroyo has (specially basketball since it is very popular here). We feel the same with everyother sport. In Boxin with Tito Trinidad and now with Miguel Cotto, in Baseball with Roberto Clemente, in Basketball with our national team, Arroyo and Jose Barea (Dallas Mavericks), Golf (Chichi Rodriguez). Also with our artists like Ricky Martin, Jose Feliciano (2nd best acoustic guitarrist in the world and is blind), Marc Anthony, Raul Julia etc, etc, etc.

I just want you to understand that we are a small island of 4 million puertoricans and is a big deal for us to have people in the NBA, MLB etc.

Sorry for those that are not realistic and believe Arroyo is better than Jordan.

quote:
Originally posted by Puerto Rico:

For the record, I am not a "Arroyo only and only Arroyo" fan but I get anoyed when I read posts from people that judge puertoricans without any basis at all.

PR-

May I ask... Who has judged Puerto Ricans without any basis at all?

Let me start by saying....ummmm...

i get tired too of this blindfolded people that that hang on CA mid section like if it was the last water fountain of the world... I come from Fajardo, PR... saw CA and his twin grow up into a nice tandem from the neighborhood tourneys in Fajardo.

But man, was sucking this year for like 4-5 months already with 3 wks to a month of good alright/average play from him...

I know he can do better... way better than he has... but he hasn't... its just like mr meer... he hasn't play to expectations most of the year either... and you know wut... im ok with saying that and aknowledging (big spelling booboo) it.

I dont know why people have trouble doing the same. if i was a coach... he would have been in the same position he is now... only thing different is i would be giving him a lil bit more minutes maybe around 12 or so a game when possible since he was playing way better than before... anyways...

thats my 2 cents

Big J