Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

Confirmed - Magic To Redesign Jerseys! (Denton) - Do you have any design ideas?

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

A lot more goes into uniform design than most think (at least in the NBA. Other sports seem to change things all willy nilly). In the NBA, the uniform affects the players more than any other sport, simply because there is nothing between the uniform and the player (unless it is Dwight Howard and his Superman spandex). The material goes directly on a player's skin, so you have to ensure that it is satisfactory. Someone already mentioned they previously dropped the logo on the jersey because the players didn't like the way it felt. Too many embroidered items and the jersey becomes cumbersome. The fabric has to both wick moisture and have some elasticity (I believe this is why the Hornets are changing jerseys, I have never seen more neck lines sagging down). After that, you have to figure out what the consumer will buy. Do you make the jersey such that you have to buy an authentic to get a true feel for it (a la the stars jersey)? How easy is the jersey to reproduce? What colors and styles are both popular now, and timeless overall? These are the tough questions.

I don't know...most players where those tight muscle compression shirts and tights...these are design to fit under the unis and look like they are not there..

also adidas or whoever will be making them should know what materials work and don't work by now...

Now now, Jareth, I wouldn't say Donkey Crap. Probably something lighter, like emu. Yeah, Emu Crap.

I love the notion of having the template of the jersey similar to the Lakers in black with pinstripes, but don't know how I feel about the huge star, might make it look like a defunct all-star jersey.

Here is the new logo design I came up with for our jerseys. Here are several variations of the colors on the logo, and I added in baby blue to our team colors on this set. As you can see, I tried to keep the design somewhat simple yet made the font style a little more interesting.

BTW, sorry if the picture quality isn't that great.

NewMagicLogo1.jpg

NewMagicLogo2.jpg

NewMagicLogo3.jpg

What do you think?

Sorry Nick Anderson, I don't really like any of those...

Those logos kind of look like something that would be on a 70's generic can of soda.

Here's the commerical:

"Do you wanna dance the night away? If so, pop open a groovy can of Magic Cola. The only cola that keeps you STAYINNN ALIVEEE all night, every night!

p.s. if you read the commerical in the "ladies man voice, it's funnier.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Sorry Nick Anderson, I don't really like any of those...

Those logos kind of look like something that would be on a 70's generic can of soda.

Here's the commerical:

"Do you wanna dance the night away? If so, pop open a groovy can of Magic Cola. The only cola that keeps you STAYINNN ALIVEEE all night, every night!

p.s. if you read the commerical in the "ladies man voice, it's funnier.

It's true. It really is funnier that way.