Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Magic use J.J. to move up in Draft? (Schmitz blog)

bj, when i feel i have something to add on another subject i do. for example i have said over and over we need better point play, i dont think we can win a championship without it. i would like for the team to play better team defense. leadership is also suspect. i blame myself for getting caught up in the jj mess. at my age i should know better. i also dont know about any compliments. if you thought i was giving you one dont. lets all hope jj is traded soon for a pg who can lead this team to a title. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Perhaps the people that are here for no other reason other than to get offended every time their favorite player's honor is tarnished should find a nice JJ forum to sing his praises. This is an Orlando Magic forum.

I ridiculous and out of line and I certainly do not wish anyone to start a thread like those. So let's cut all of our players a break. Remember that whether a player starts or doesn't dress they still are an important member of the team. They all need our support.

The only way to take care of that would be to forbid anyone from starting threads about a specific player. I'm sure you understand that removing discussions about a player defeats the purpose of having a message board to discuss the team and it's players.

Some players are going to get discussed in a favorable way and others are not. We have rules in place that cover what can and cannot be discussed on this site, I don't think we need or want rules stating that you cannot discuss a specific person unless you are going to say something nice.

As long as it's equal opportunity! You're almost to the point where anything can be posted as long as JJ Redick's name doesn't appear and even when it doesn't by some miracle of the keyboard his name appears and almost always in a negative tone. If someone posts something negative about the golden boy Dwight, then the thread is locked or it just has be wrong even though it's posted on every creditable internet website there is known to be. Just because someone doesn't live and die on these boards doesn't make their comments or opinions any less important. People have jobs and lives and aren't on here 24/7 but they also have opinions that should be heard. People are ticked off about JJ from a team and PT perspective, a draft perspective, a personal perspective, but I'm just as ticked off about the team as a whole right now because you never know which one is going to show up to play. It's time that some of the criticality regarding JJ is put to rest. He spoke out in the media, but the media also exploited it. It's done. Diener did it and now he's playing for the Pacers. JJ will go too eventually and naysayers will be sorry someday. But I'm not going away when that happens like some may think. When I have something to say about JJ or anybody else on the team I say it. If I don't, I don't post just to get a thrill by reading my stuff.

I'm waiting to see if Otis has the smarts to do something with JJ to help the team. I don't think he will. He's already painted himself into a corner and he knows it. That's why he didn't pull the trigger in February. There's a team out there who knows that Otis is a sucker and the deal they bring to table this summer will prove that.

I'm with davcivic, we'll see what happens. In the meantime, "can't we all just get along"! LOL

The last 'critical of Dwight' thread that was locked down, had absolutely nothing to do with basketball whatsoever. Even then it went on for a good 8 or so pages before it was locked up by Rock.

Yes it was locked down but for a very illogical reason. It was stated that what he did in his personal life was private and only what he did on the court was important!!!!

I believed he was like any other employee and that he is a represenative of the organization, so therefore, and negative publicity is an open issue and a problem for the organization. Just my opinion. And the removal or lockdown could be viewed as preferential treatment.

quote:
Originally posted by magic07:

Yes it was locked down but for a very illogical reason. It was stated that what he did in his personal life was private and only what he did on the court was important!!!!

I believed he was like any other employee and that he is a represenative of the organization, so therefore, and negative publicity is an open issue and a problem for the organization. Just my opinion. And the removal or lockdown could be viewed as preferential treatment.

I can't believe I'm doing this(lol) but I agree with Magic07.

J.J.'s personal life has been on display many, many times on this forum. Most of the time it portrayed him in a negative light, too.

But those threads were never locked. Everyone here knows that's true.

I personally think JJ will not be traded to move up in the draft because he is the only SG we know that is coming back. After we sign players to deals then he might be traded but not before then.

I'm with Waltfeld: with the exception of a 'deal we can't refuse,' I think the plan is to use JJ a lot more next year. He'll probably be our backup SG, as I'm pretty sure we'll bring Evans back.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

I'm with Waltfeld: with the exception of a 'deal we can't refuse,' I think the plan is to use JJ a lot more next year. He'll probably be our backup SG, as I'm pretty sure we'll bring Evans back.

Bogans is still under contract for next year as well unless he opts out.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

dvacicic, i have been on this board for a while now and read it every day. i am a huge magic fan and never miss a game. but if you are going to try and tell the jj fans that bj is only interested in keeping us informed, i thing you misjudge our smarts. please give us more credit than that. jj may never make it in the nba and i will be the first to admit that. i am just not ready to give up on him or any magic player. that is the difference between myself and bj. i am realistic ,not blinded by hatred. jacklj

I'm not saying that at all...I said that this ONE thread at least doesn't look like it was started to specifically mess around with the JJ fans. Its also well known that he doesn't particularly like him or his game, and that he prefers Bogans as the backup SG.....But that's his opinion and that's fine as long as everything stays within the forum rules....that's the best we can all do...

I for one was glad to see him picked up by the team and I don't think he has been given a fair chance by the team, I think he needs consistent minutes to get into his grove and contribute. I still smile when I see him make a 3, because its a beautiful shot, etc, etc...but at the same time, you have to be realistic and you can't argue with the results...we are so close to winning 50 games, its just sweet.

If the Magic don't get past the first round of the playoffs, Otis will have to pull the trigger. But I'm just not sure he knows what to do to make a good trade. JJ may be his ace in the hole but I'm not counting on Otis to use him wisely. If he trades for some "has been" or "a wanna be" then he's proven nothing. I thought at first the trade that Mo Evans was a bust but that has panned out, not so much for Cook but Mo is an asset for sure. I've enjoyed watching him play and he is "all business" which I believe brings maturity to a team like the Magic. It's been good and I look forward to watching the playoffs and the summer antics of Otis Smith.

otis is just a mouth piece for others. do you really thing anyone would give him the power to spend that kind of money or make the decision to get lewis or trade jj. he is just an advisor at best. jacklj