Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

Darko: Magic Haven't Used Me Best They Could

Magic power forward Darko Milicic was asked if he were happy with his season --- the most games he has ever played in the NBA in one season --- and the answer was no. "Not really," he said.

Milicic, 21, who will become a restricted free agent at the end of the season, intimated that the Magic haven

Magic power forward Darko Milicic was asked if he were happy with his season --- the most games he has ever played in the NBA in one season --- and the answer was no. "Not really," he said.

Milicic, 21, who will become a restricted free agent at the end of the season, intimated that the Magic haven

If I were the player representative of Darko, I would get all I could on a three year contract from Orlando and then have him become a unrestricted free agent - identical to Lebron James' contract.

In 3 years Darco will be a max player IMO and Orlando will not have the cap room.

Maybe if Darko would not be so inconsistant when he plays he would get more time. Sure he has good stretches here and there but other than that he hasn't done match. It doesn't matter to me if he in the low post where he has done good or 15-16 ft fromt he basket he has done well just not enough of those good stretches. As we all know this is his rookie season due to never playing in Detroit so if I were Darko I would just be glad that I have even gotten the expirence that he has gotten because if he was a F.A. coming out of Detroit this summer he wouldn't be getting much money at all.

Just My Honest Opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

If I were the player representative of Darko, I would get all I could on a three year contract from Orlando and then have him become a unrestricted free agent.

I would wait to see who is going to be the coach. If they retain B. Hill, it's time for Darko to hit the road!

The best thing he can do is go out there and sell himself to the highest bidder. After this season the league have seen what he's capable off and I can tell you there will be lots of teams dying to give him what ever he ask to have a 7' who can shoot from outside (with more practice), who can play facing the basket or stacking up, and with great defensive abilities. I will predict that he will be of more attraction than Vince Carter or Chauncey. That's all the Lakers would need right now, just to mention a team who would benefit enourmously from his aquisition. We have too many centers and that is going to affect us (it already have). This season we should have developed Darko and traded Battie and Jameer for a solid point guard like I screamed, but we didn't and now we are stucked in the mud were we are.

Darko isn't stupid. He clearly sees the same things that we have been complaining about all season. Brian Hill will rip this team apart by the seams if the front office lets him.

darko is right

they've put him the whole season down

I know he has growing pains but starting battie is foolish

battie knows it

everyone knows it

brian hill and otis smith have interest not to do it!

This off-season, Darko needs to forget about B. Hill and work on his outside game. In fact, I think the players should take B. Hill's advice and do the exact opposite. If Brian tells them to play zone, they should play man, etc.

Everyone says Darko is inconsistent, but I don't really buy that. Our offense just flat out sucks. We have no spacing, no movement, no penetration, we have nothing. How can Darko be successful when he's being forced to play a way he isn't comfortable with? We can't even find a way to get Dwight, our best player, shots. Darko will go through stretches where he won't even touch the ball. At the end of the day, if we're not going to use him right, there's no reason why we should waste his time by resinging him.

Our team wants Darko to bust his hump and give 110% in every practice and every game before they give him a prominent starting role. They want him to earn it.

That's in contrast to most of the opinions on the board, which is that Darko will only improve once he gets playing time and consitent time, at that.

With Darko's attitude and how he plays on a nightly basis, it doesn't look like Darko really gives 110%. Doesn't look like he wants to work as hard as he can to earn a spot. It probably frustrates him more knowing he can be effective in the starting lineup without putting in the hard work.

He's a young player and the Magic want to instill a strong work ethic in him. But when you're as talented as Darko is, you typically don't want to give 110%, especially when you're coming off the bench.

Darko would probably flourish on another team that doesn't have coaches attempting to instill a work-ethic culture like we have on our team.