Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Fans Game Thread *Magic vs Spurs* 03/25

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Could have been worse without Jameer and Turk. None the less, horrible game by the 2 spot:

2-13 from the field.

9 points.

Impressive.

Yeah Mo and Keith had rough nights on both ends no doubt

Yeah... That's including JJ's 0-5 too.

We had many chances to take lead. Its unacceptable to make horrible passes and turnovers. No sense of thought from any stand point. I can understand that Hedo is out but the play near the end was elementary. Crappy passes from Keyon, Bogans fumbling the ball in the fastbreak and making horrible passes.

All we had to do is handle the ball well and not run like crazy animals like Keyon, to get hammered on the post or pass the ball for a turnover.

If there is anything relevant about hedo and jameer being out is that they would have done a better job than Bogans and Keyon on the same court. As a matter of fact, we would have won the game without a single turnover in the last 5 minutes.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I'm not reading 21 pages to see if this was answered, but are Hedo and Jameer's injuries serious? Any clue on how long they will be out?

I'd like to know as well.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Could have been worse without Jameer and Turk. None the less, horrible game by the 2 spot:

2-13 from the field.

9 points.

Impressive.

#2's

JJ 0-5

KB 1-3

ME 1-5

hope it will not be carried over to next game.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:
Freaking amateurs, what kind of pass is that Carlos? Where is the fight people? We already raised the white flag about 3:30 mark in this quarter.

We have a long way to go before we can consider ourselves contenders I am afraid. This is not a negative comment, but a realistic one.

MA

Lmao u do realize we were without the third wheel of this tripod. Right

A tripod cant stadn on two legs, what happened when Sanatonio lost Ginobli or Parker? They struggled, just as we will if Turk is out.

Do you realize some people post just so that someone will respond to them? Valiant effort tonight. I couldn't be prouder of the effort. We lost two starters and fought the refs all night. Let's get these guys some rest. As long as we maintain the 3 seed I could care less if we coast the rest of the way.

Oh.... Let's be realistic here. We weren't down 2 starters. We were down Hedo. Jameer's bounced back and forth off the bench all year. Arroyo and dooling more than covered for him. We miss Hedo's playmaking ability no doubt. I'm upset because our 2's played poorly and we were up in the 3rd quarter by 9 points and we just choked. We missed key free throws and it totally changed the momentum of this game. We should have competed to the wire tonight, injuries aside.

Listen to SVG and you will hear him say similar things to what I am saying. Stepping up as a fan is not one dimensional. It doesn't do anyone any good to live in a dream world where mediocre or below mediocre performance is applauded. I am sorry, I can not do that. If the team gave its best and fought hard, but lost anyway, then I would have applauded them all the way.

Watch SVG's conference, I bet he is gonna come down hard.

I am not posting that people would respond to me, I don't understand that logic unfortunately?

MA

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Listen to SVG and you will hear him say similar things to what I am saying. Stepping up as a fan is not one dimensional. It doesn't do anyone any good to live in a dream world where mediocre or below mediocre performance is applauded. I am sorry, I can not do that. If the team gave its best and fought hard, but lost anyway, then I would have applauded them all the way.

I am not posting that people would respond to me, I don't understand that logic unfortunately?

MA

Maybe I have set my expectations too high for this team, but I believe that they have the potential to live up to those expectations.

MA

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

MA

but what you dont understand is that SVG isnt talking to you. he isnt talking to me. he's talking about the team. Just because the coach cant accept losses doesn't mean we have to as well. What this team needs is support from us and tough love from the coach. unnecessary pessimism doesnt help.

I think we played really hard tonight. The problem was execution. How many putbacks, layups, missed free throws and bad passes did we have...many. The effort was there but you cant make mistakes against this team.

Those 3 missed free throws by Bogans killed us tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

MA

Dude dont follow the white rabbit.

Too bad I couldnt watch the game, looks like it was a good one. But one thing that stands out to me is Michael Finley with 24 pts. Micheal Finley??? isnt he like 80??