Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Are the Magic taking it easy ?

I've noticed that the 3 top teams Magic ,Celtics and Detroit have not been playing to full potential.

Their last 10 games they all pretty much have been doing the same...

Detroit...7-3...Magic...7-3...Celtics 8-2.

all having lost their last games...

Is this the time of the season where the top teams back off and relax a little or are the other teams playing above themselves fighting to keep in the game.

I remember how hard we played at the end just to make it to the play-offs.

Are we going to start seeing less minutes for our starters ?

Our last 2 losses the guys just didn't seem like they were giving their all...

and they were playing teams that were fighting for positions at the lower end of the play-offs and seemed to want it more.

The drive doesn't seem to be there or is it just you and me ?

I hope our team doesn't fall into that take it easy mold since we are guaranteed to be in the play-offs.

Your thoughts...

I've noticed that the 3 top teams Magic ,Celtics and Detroit have not been playing to full potential.

Their last 10 games they all pretty much have been doing the same...

Detroit...7-3...Magic...7-3...Celtics 8-2.

all having lost their last games...

Is this the time of the season where the top teams back off and relax a little or are the other teams playing above themselves fighting to keep in the game.

I remember how hard we played at the end just to make it to the play-offs.

Are we going to start seeing less minutes for our starters ?

Our last 2 losses the guys just didn't seem like they were giving their all...

and they were playing teams that were fighting for positions at the lower end of the play-offs and seemed to want it more.

The drive doesn't seem to be there or is it just you and me ?

I hope our team doesn't fall into that take it easy mold since we are guaranteed to be in the play-offs.

Your thoughts...

I agree, the magic have looke lethargic the past few days (except vs sixers) and need to quit that right now. Hopefully this two day rest will help them and we can get back on track. San Antonio would be a huge statement game.

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Engel:

I agree, the magic have looke lethargic the past few days (except vs sixers) and need to quit that right now. Hopefully this two day rest will help them and we can get back on track. San Antonio would be a huge statement game.

I agree.

Last night, in the 4th quarter, did you all see Dwight casually walk to the other end of the court after the Hawks scored a bucket? I thought he was going to quit and walk off the court.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that there is something else going on internally with the team?

Seems like Dwight has had an attitude lately. Except for the sixers game, he is not forcing his will on the other team.

Several times Dwight rebounded with the ball in his hands and then allowed it to be poked away.

He has been *STOPPABLE* lately.

Atlanta is fighting for a playoff-spot so I expected them to come out very strong - especially Johnson and Bibby had a great game.

Nevertheless I'm disappointed with last night's loss. We're number three in the east - we're not allowed to screw up against low-seeded teams.

I can't tell whether the team is taking it easy but I certainly hope not.

I see a lack of maturaity!!! Really, sometimes these guys approach the game like the other teams (especially the sub-500 teams struggling to make the playoffs) are supposed to lay down for them, because we are a good team!

I hear SVG say this all the time, these guys (Magic) need to step up (aka grow up) and always play to their potential.....and when we do, that is when we will arrive as a real the contender! We are acting like spoiled superstars, to a great degree!

This is exactly why we get no respect around the league.We are so inconsistant, play awesome one game and the next one no one shows up.Is alright to have a player have a bad game but when this team has an off game it seems like its contagious they all find a way to stink it up.lets just hope they get it toghether.the last three games Howard has been push around,what the heck is going on.

I talked to a buddy of mine about 1-2 weeks ago. We were debating about whether or not the Magic could win 55-60 games this season. He was referring to our soft schedule and made the point that only 4-5 games out of our final 18 games were against teams over.500. His conclusion was that we should easily reach 55 wins and be close to achieving a 60 win season.

I of course disagreed, as I always do. I told him that because we are a young team, I would prefer that we have a difficult schedule that would challenge us to play our best basketball going into the post-season. I told him I dind't want to see the Magic put it in cruise control, knowing that our opponents weren't at our level. Our overconfidence seems to be apparent right now, and IMO it's destroying our will to win, and could have a heavy impact on our team's determination going into the playoffs.

Yes..yes they are...and if they continue to do it now...they will do it in the playoffs. This type of play follows through. Of course after a blowout win, the Magic were going to lose the next day.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Yes..yes they are...and if they continue to do it now...they will do it in the playoffs. This type of play follows through. Of course after a blowout win, the Magic were going to lose the next day.

Just not true. It is WAY better to lose some of these games than to win them. You want to play sharp the last game or two but before you want flaws to be shown and you want to have some things that you need and want to work on. Winning in the regular season too much wastes physical and mental strength. Just ask the Mavericks and the Patriots