Sign in to follow this  
serviviente

No "latin night" for you

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Amen to that...

And Jerry Sloan didn't bench Carlos Arroyo. He played 28 mins a game in 03-04 and he played 24 mins a game the next year.

You also talk about how Brian Hill disrespects Carlos by not giving him consistency in his minutes. DO you know anything about basketball or how to be a professional? When your number is called you go in and do your job, that's it. Bogans, Redick, Diener, they've all seen the short end of the stick in the minutes department, but it's only a problem when it happens to Arroyo for some of you.

The problem is not the minutes genius,it's that we are losing.Any one who looks at this objectively can see that if you have a player that has brought you back in a few games and is bringing you energy than the oportunity for change is there.The problem is that some of you people have the same mentality that BHill have you cannot see that there are more things to the game than your preferences on how a player should look and play.We have won more games the more minutes Carlos has played.It doesn't matter if you think he is the worst player who ever played.Winning should count for something,if you are losing,then keep changing,but when you find something that works keep it.Don't change it because you think that you know how it's supposed to be done.That's the mentality of a LOSER.

After the 13-4 start, we have been consistently losing. Guess what, Arroyo was the back up for the majority of that time. Was it working? No it wasn't.

Saying i'm not objective is laughable. Saying i'm like Brian Hill and I see no need to change is absurd. I wanted Diener to start, that's a pretty drastic move isn't it?

People like you think by starting Arroyo we will magically start winning. It's not going to happen. Our problems are bigger than Jameer Nelson and Carlos Arroyo.

Its feels like this picture is appropriate in almost every thread these days.

untitled.jpg

Please forum members, try not to generalize with the word "you people" direct the message to the person you are refering.

So much talk about racism is weird but then you go and use "YOU PEOPLE" limit your self.

Any way. Hill is amoron, someone made a commment that makes some sense when thay want to show the fans that they didn't made a bad desicion with Nelson with him been a fist drafted.

Nelson, Turk, Hill, Doolin, Arroyo, D12 among others they had good and bad games the guys in the bench liek Arroyo, Dooling, Darko, JJ and Ariza had shown they can contribute specially when the starters are playing Bad like Jameer in the last game. I understand their point because Arroyo played well in his limts mins he had but still he stick with Nelson strugling. The team also needed JJ in here and still he as well didn't use him.

quote:

After the 13-4 start, we have been consistently losing. Guess what, Arroyo was the back up for the majority of that time. Was it working? No it wasn't. Saying i'm not objective is laughable.

Check the stats of the other guys too. Was Arroyo performance the only reason?? No...was a team "effort" including Arroyo!

Thats is objective!

quote:

People like you think by starting Arroyo we will magically start winning. It's not going to happen.

Check the 5 games when Arroyo was in the starting lineup, i put those in the page 4 of this topic. We were 3-2. Was Arroyo performance the reason?? No...was a team effort including Arroyo. Diener play well too in those games.

quote:

Our problems are bigger than Jameer Nelson and Carlos Arroyo.

Yes...we are loosing because the other teams make the adjustments to play against us and the main adjustment was in Howard with a double and triple team on him and force him to pass the ball outside makings TOs and because we have inconsistent shooters. The great coach Hill continue with the same plan with minor adjustments and doing nothing about that.

Check the stats of the games w/o Arroyo. We are continue losing. The rotation isn't working.

Arroyo is playing very hard in the recent games with a limited time, he is the spark sometimes. So give me a valid objective reason why he continues with limited minutes only in the first half?

The same way he lost his minutes because of his slump, it should be the other way...playing hard to recover those minutes.

If you resume my post...the big problem, the minor adjustments..everything is answer with one word...COACH. We need another coach with a new spirit, a new mentality for everyone on the team.

quote:
Originally posted by Amazing21:

How come minorities can be racist towards white americans all the time but as soon as a white puts down a minority its a crime?

It's wrong either way, it doesn't matter who it is coming from.

quote:
How come minorities can be racist towards white americans all the time but as soon as a white puts down a minority its a crime?

Many people use terms like "reverse-racism" that completly distort the meaning of of the word in the first place. Its not a one way street. Racism can come from any race toward any race.

Looks like you got some more suspending to do then.

Venus Williams is on ESPN right now and has EN. Its not cold either so she must be happy to see someone

quote:
Originally posted by Amazing21:

Looks like you got some more suspending to do then.

Venus Williams is on ESPN right now and has EN. Its not cold either so she must be happy to see someone

Perfect comment to break the vibe in this thread!!!

Should have not become what it is at this moment!

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfirst:

Any one who looks at this objectively can see that if you have a player that has brought you back in a few games and is bringing you energy than the oportunity for change is there.The problem is that some of you people have the same mentality that BHill have you cannot see that there are more things to the game than your preferences on how a player should look and play.

So is this bit about Carlos? Or is it about Trevor? JJ maybe? Or Darko?

Like everyone else on the board, I have 2 or 3 players that are my "favorites" on the team. No, Carlos isn't one of them. This doesn't mean I dislike Carlos. It just means I like other players more. To put it numerically, I like Carlos 6.5, but I like Trevor Ariza 9.6.

My problem with the logic that's being presented here is that a great deal of it, your post included, is that it ignores one very important piece of information:

Brian Hill is an ignorant jack@$$, with a low basketball IQ who couldn't effectively coach a middle school girls basketball team to a decent offense.

It has nothing to do with disrespect(at least not intentionally), it has nothing to do with racism, it has nothing to do with Puerto Rico, and nothing to do with Carlos's Puerto Rican fans. It has everything to do with the fact that Brian Hill is an ineffective coach, who now, realizing that a lot of people are calling for him to be fired in the public, in the stands, and in the press, is now flopping like a fish out of water: mindless, hopeless, trying desperately to find a means to survive his current predicament. He plays Carlos for 8 minutes not out of disrespect.

He does it because he doesn't know what else to do.