Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

David Thorpe chat...right now!

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

if Otis can pull this one I will make an even bigger decal than the one I have now and give one to every active member of these boards....maybe

I'd get an Otis Smith tattoo on my arm surrounded by a big red heart if he pulled this off.

I don't know how you guys can think Hansborough will be a good player in the NBA...

.He's very goofy and unconventional

.He's short for his position

.Won't be able to get his shot off

He's a great college player, and he has one he77 of a motor, but I don't think his game translate into the NBA. Of course I could be wrong, but I think a guy Like Noah, who also has the same kind of energy, translates better because he's longer and more athletic.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I don't know how you guys can think Hansborough will be a good player in the NBA...

.He's very goofy and unconventional

.He's short for his position

.Won't be able to get his shot off

He's a great college player, and he has one he77 of a motor, but I don't think his game translate into the NBA. Of course I could be wrong, but I think a guy Like Noah, who also has the same kind of energy, translates better because he's longer and more athletic.

There are two skills that translate no matter what level a player is playing at and those are rebounding and energy. The same things you are saying about Hansbrough were said about Milsap, Maxiell, Haslem, and even Boozer. The league is transitioning to a more perimeter oriented game. Thus, the days of every team having a bruising power foward are gone. Sure there are still teams that have them but unless something horrible happens we still have Dwight to bang with them.

I would share your concern about Hansbrough if we were drafting him to be a go to guy. We're drafting him to rebound, hustle, and occasionaly knock someone on their butt. He's more than qualified to do that. Plus, if another team puts a smaller player on him he has the skills to take them into the post and punish them. Not bad for a late first round pick.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

Kyle (Raleigh): Will JJ Redick ever get a chance with Orlando or will he be shipped out this summer?

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:47 PM ET ) My guess is he'll be moved.

Packaged with our 1st round pick to move up and grab Hansbrough???

Trade a prospect for another prospect? No wayyy. I think this franchise needs to stay away from project players from now on. If it's not the number one pick, we can't develop a player out of college.

Hansbrough is no project...he is NBA ready.. i would say he would make an impact similar to Al Horford or Luis Scola..

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Hey I could do his job...

I'm the king of one liners...LOL

But how many questions could you respond to quickly, JD? You say you are a slow typist...

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Hey I could do his job...

I'm the king of one liners...LOL

He makes it look easy. You try to take his job, the next thing you know ESPN will have a freakin sign up sheet and people will be clamboring for their chace to run their own chat session.

quote:
Originally posted by magicdepth:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

Kyle (Raleigh): Will JJ Redick ever get a chance with Orlando or will he be shipped out this summer?

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:47 PM ET ) My guess is he'll be moved.

Packaged with our 1st round pick to move up and grab Hansbrough???

Trade a prospect for another prospect? No wayyy. I think this franchise needs to stay away from project players from now on. If it's not the number one pick, we can't develop a player out of college.

Hansbrough is no project...he is NBA ready.. i would say he would make an impact similar to Al Horford or Luis Scola..

There's no way Hansborough could be as good as Horford. Al's already a double-double player as a rookie.

Listen guys, he's short and not that athletic. I don't see how he can be anything other than a 10 mpg player in this league.

Personally i'm a fan of the guy. My favorite college teams are UF and UNC. (Started liking them when Vince got there) I don't like saying he doesn't translate into the NBA, but I just don't see it. Again, I could be wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

clamboring?

Are you going to go through and question/edit my posts in an effort to make yourself feel better?