Sign in to follow this  
Howard

Next Season

Next seasons...

Heat will have Dwayne Wade, Marion, Beasly, one big star they signed (Brand or Oneal), Udonis.

Magic will have Hedo, Lewis, Howard, Nelson plus one productive MLE if we are lucky.

Does that worry you?

Next seasons...

Heat will have Dwayne Wade, Marion, Beasly, one big star they signed (Brand or Oneal), Udonis.

Magic will have Hedo, Lewis, Howard, Nelson plus one productive MLE if we are lucky.

Does that worry you?

quote:
Originally posted by Howard:

Next seasons...

Does that worry you?

Since they won't be able to sign a big star without Marion opting out, that whole scenario is impossible. Not to mention you're assuming they get the #1 pick, assuming they take Beasley, assuming Beasley is going to be game-changing, and assuming(for some reason) that they'd keep Haslem if they had a front court of Super-Beasley, Brand, and Marion.

No, I'm not worried.

quote:
Originally posted by Howard:

Next seasons...

Does that worry you?

Last I checked, Hedo, Lewis, Howard, and Nelson are on pace for a 50+ win season. The Heat are 30+ games out this year.

I can't worry about what other team may or may not do. (Who was worried about Boston this time last year)

So why worry?

In fiften years, Dwight will be 37. Are you worried?

Nope. You can have a lot of good or great players, but if they don't play as a team, they're kind of screwed.

For example, Houston didn't make the finals with Barkley, Olajuwan, and Drexler after winning two previous championships. They kind of mailed it in, expecting to win.

Added to that, Dwayne's style of play is catching up with him. Sure, you can get knocked down seven times and get up eight, but if you get knocked down 700 times (or flop when someone breathes heavy on you), and you get up 701, you're going to be getting up REAL SLOWLY, and you're going to hurt a lot.

Dwayne's going to be lucky if he's half the player he was.

Marion's great, no question, but from what I've heard, he's not a real great locker room guy; complains a lot and has a chip on his shoulder - and not the good kind, either.

I could see them being a perennial playoff team, but I don't think they'll threaten a championship for a long, long time.

How many team can pay 16 millions to brand and became a championship contender?

he can wait one more year in the clips.

I mean anything can happend we don

Bet you triple digits the Heat won't get the first pick...

which means they probably wont get Beasley...

which means they'll get someone like Rose or Mayo or Gordon...

none of whom im scared of...

i think this is: a) a little silly...Heat will be bad to mediocre for a while...

B) around the NBA material...

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Nope. You can have a lot of good or great players, but if they don't play as a team, they're kind of screwed.

For example, Houston didn't make the finals with Barkley, Olajuwan, and Drexler after winning two previous championships. They kind of mailed it in, expecting to win.

Added to that, Dwayne's style of play is catching up with him. Sure, you can get knocked down seven times and get up eight, but if you get knocked down 700 times (or flop when someone breathes heavy on you), and you get up 701, you're going to be getting up REAL SLOWLY, and you're going to hurt a lot.

Dwayne's going to be lucky if he's half the player he was.

Marion's great, no question, but from what I've heard, he's not a real great locker room guy; complains a lot and has a chip on his shoulder - and not the good kind, either.

I could see them being a perennial playoff team, but I don't think they'll threaten a championship for a long, long time.

lol marion's got a bad chip on his shoulder

a chip from the suns

Marion's got Sun Chips hahahahaha

phuffd3i_small.jpg