Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Game Thread Sign-Up "Sheet"

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Okay so does this mean I can't do Stock Up/Stock Downs after the games anymore if I didn't start the Game thread?

Just clarifying because I saw the tidbit about no information, and I don't want to break the rules.

Skywise, what you are talking about is original information that you are providing. That is not only totally cool, it should be encouraged. We are referring to recaps, and previews that are basically copied from other sites or other locations on this very site.

The intent of the guideline you are referring to is to place the onus, the responsibility, on the person doing the Game Thread to make it as informative as possible, so that additional information is not needed.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Okay so does this mean I can't do Stock Up/Stock Downs after the games anymore if I didn't start the Game thread?

Just clarifying because I saw the tidbit about no information, and I don't want to break the rules.

Skywise, what you are talking about is original information that you are providing. That is not only totally cool, it should be encouraged. We are referring to recaps, and previews that are basically copied from other sites or other locations on this very site.

The intent of the guideline you are referring to is to place the onus, the responsibility, on the person doing the Game Thread to make it as informative as possible, so that additional information is not needed.

YES!!! Thank HDTV. Anyway, I love those things!

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Sky...

They can't stop you from posting your own thoughts.

After all we do have free speech as a constitional right.

Well with all due respect to our mods, and a lot of people work hard on these forums, JD is basically our Dwight Howard (workhorse). So if JD says its cool, then its cool. Besides I had a bunch of PMs asking where I was while it was gone, so it must be worth something and I enjoy doing it, it helps me learn about the NBA more by dissecting the box scores after every Magic game. So basically my bad.. I guess I didn't understand the new Game thread rules totally, but at least now anyone who was wondering like me knows. =]

I BELIEVE... in Magic fans, that is. I believe this new game thread system can be made to work, although it sucks that the mods felt like they had to go this route because of what was happening.

quote:

Just one thing Mods...

When you ask who wants to do them make sure it's done at a fair time to everyone...

not everyone that works has access to a computer at work.

JD, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I think it is very unfortunate that the timing of this thread worked out such that you were unable to sign up for one on this go-round. I took it for granted that you would be signing up for one of these. Having said that, surely you can appreciate that there is no way for any of us to know when members are going to be coming to the boards. What is a "bad time" for one member might be the "best time" for another.

quote:

They can't stop you from posting your own thoughts. After all we do have free speech as a constitional right.

Not to nitpick the point, but the free speech provided for in the US Constitution does not extend to a privately-owned message board.

Ridiculous. Come on guys. Why are there so many factions on this forum?

You guys preach about how pathetic it is that people are wanting to do the game threads, yet isn't it quite pathetic to fault those people as well?

I've been here for almost a year now. JD has every right to post a game thread, as do the rest of us. Now it's an issue because JD wasn't online earlier and didn't sign up? GIVE ME A FLIPPIN BREAK.

Everytime I try to forget about this silly matter, someone else's chimes in and portrays JD as a victim. This is a message board. We are talking about a game thread. There was no harm intended. Trust me.

I originally posted a game thread because I thought it would be a neat idea. I heard from certain posters that the current game thread was cluttered, so I created an alternative. Now I'm being labeled as a troublemaker and a "whiner". I think we need to all accept that we are "whiners" since we tend to whine about every action of our beloved basketball team.

Let us all just get over it. Worst case scenario, this idea bombs and JD goes back to being the sole person responsible for game threads. If not, then everyone will get a chance to do them. What is the big deal here?

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

Just one thing Mods...

When you ask who wants to do them make sure it's done at a fair time to everyone...

not everyone that works has access to a computer at work.

JD, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I think it is very unfortunate that the timing of this thread worked out such that you were unable to sign up for one on this go-round. I took it for granted that you would be signing up for one of these. Having said that, surely you can appreciate that there is no way for any of us to know when members are going to be coming to the boards. What is a "bad time" for one member might be the "best time" for another.

quote:

They can't stop you from posting your own thoughts. After all we do have free speech as a constitional right.

Not to nitpick the point, but the free speech provided for in the US Constitution does not extend to a privately-owned message board.

The week-ends when the majority of the forums don't work or go to school...

just a thought.

Soo democratic and soo nice.

But don't you think it's a little bit too much "formalism"?

I don't know why but all of a sudden a very old song came to my mind:

You're in the army now