Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Poll: What Back-Up PG Do We Sign (Re-sign)?

Gruden, get off these boards and get a speedy wide-out for us. Please, focus. The Bucs need a playmaker. The time is now.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Gruden, get off these boards and get a speedy wide-out for us. Please, focus. The Bucs need a playmaker. The time is now.

How come there is no 7'0 250-270lb wide-out?

Wouldn't that wideout dominate?

I mean you can just throw it into the crowd and chances high he will out jump everyone and catch it.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

How come there is no 7'0 250-270lb wide-out?

Wouldn't that wideout dominate?

I mean you can just throw it into the crowd and chances high he will out jump everyone and catch it.

Too clumsy, and not fast enough.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by alex30:

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

completely off topic, but i was wondering about the rules of the board. aren't we supposed to be posting in english here? no disrespect to the hispanic community here, but i shouldn't have to copy/paste your responses on a translator to know what you're saying....

well as longest no one is talking garbage about you it should be ok,plus aint we in the land of the free then again i didnt think so lmao.

not that i personally care if people speak spanish on these boards or not...but since its a means of isolation, it infringes on other peoples equal right of expression, therefore technically its unconstitutional...although, like i said, i dont have a problem personally.

however, if its in the rules, its in the rules.

there is a reason why there is a 'national' language, its intended to give an equal platform so everyone has an equal opportunity for expression.

Let me get this straight...you say that people speaking Spanish in this forum is a means of isolation? And in being so, it infringes on other people's equal right of expression, therefore technically renderring such speaking unconstitutional?

My friend, nowhere in the 1st Amendment of our Constitution you can find that someone using a different language other than English will hinder another person's equal right of expression. Nowhere can this base-less argument be found in U.S. jurisprudence either.

With all due respect, I feel you don't have a clear understanding of the technicality of what is or isn't constitutional.

Infringement of your equal right of expression has nothign to do with someone else expressing their opinion in another language, because he is not barring you from expressing your thoughts - just as you spoke your opinion here.

Also, expressing one's opinion in another language does not fall in the freedom of expression's expceptions, such as defamation, obscenity, sedition, fighting words, or causing panic, inter alia.

I haven't revised the Forum rules in a while, and even if they do state that you cannot post in our Forum in another language other than English, which IMO can be done as long as you accompany a translation of the text with it, it also doesn't address the constitutionality of such act.

"National language", or its "intention" has nothing to do with an equal platform in a PUBLIC Forum or its members equal opportunity of expression...just because someone expresses their opinion in another language, will never hinder your opportunity to express yourself. That's the beauty of our FORUM being a Public one.

Much Love!

quote:

quote:

completely off topic, but i was wondering about the rules of the board. aren't we supposed to be posting in english here? no disrespect to the hispanic community here, but i shouldn't have to copy/paste your responses on a translator to know what you're saying....

well as longest no one is talking garbage about you it should be ok,plus aint we in the land of the free then again i didnt think so lmao.

The problem being, obviously, that most of the things that have been posted in Spanish on this board in the last two weeks have been derogatory comments aimed at non-Spanish speakers.

Hell, yesterday alone Darwin called me a monkey, and you wrote about the sound of weeping in response to one of my posts, both of you apparently completely oblivious to the fact that babelfish exists.

What you're doing is using Spanish as a means of mocking people without getting called out on it. It's effective, I'll grant you, but I know I'm not the only one that's tired of it.

I think we re-sign Dooling and THEN, trade Jameer to Philly for Iggy and THEN, sign Monta Ellis for the MLE.

PG- Ellis

SG- Iggy

SF- Hedo

PF- Lewis

C- Howard.

THEN, I wake up and post my dream on the Magic msg board!!

quote:
Originally posted by RodMC:

I think we re-sign Dooling and THEN, trade Jameer to Philly for Iggy and THEN, sign Monta Ellis for the MLE.

PG- Ellis

SG- Iggy

SF- Hedo

PF- Lewis

C- Howard.

THEN, I wake up and post my dream on the Magic msg board!!

Ellis is a shooting guard and Iggy is a small forward.

Drunk stated:

quote:
Hell, yesterday alone Darwin called me a monkey, and you wrote about the sound of weeping in response to one of my posts, both of you apparently completely oblivious to the fact that babelfish exists.

Now, that is a defamatory statement right there! Where, did I ever called you a monkey? Bring the exact quote so that everybody in this board can see where I supposedly called you a monkey! Defamation sure is prohibited in this forum!

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

The problem being, obviously, that most of the things that have been posted in Spanish on this board in the last two weeks have been derogatory comments aimed at non-Spanish speakers.

What you're doing is using Spanish as a means of mocking people without getting called out on it. It's effective, I'll grant you, but I know I'm not the only one that's tired of it.

I have been monitoring the spanish use and so far I haven't seen anything like this, granted I cannot possibly read every single post by every member, but I do check out most. So if you can show me something out there, we'll take care of it.

Carlos y los otros, no hay necesidad para usar el idioma para degradar a los otros miembros. A mi no me molesta que usen espa

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Hmmm basketball advice from you?....As great as that sounds I think i'd have to pass.

I could write pages and pages about this, but it's just not worth it. You'll always be an Arroyo fan and put him first. Nothing I say would ever change that.

He totally owned you Kberto! NO ONE can say anything in response to a "Hater check". You are better off falling in line with the Arroyo agenda and leave those negative facts behind.

That statement is pure gold