Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

2008 Draft deep at PF:

I was thinking the same thing... BUT its all about team needs in this draft I would say and by the looks of it we may not need a PF. Gortat's emergence in the playoffs, Battie coming back, Cook coming back, Fran may be coming over. I mean they're not great PF's but if we acquire another one, it will create a logjam.

Then we have the SG problem. Dooling is a FA, Evans is a FA, Bogans can opt out leaving only Redick to man that spot. Yes we can go after Maggette but what if we are unsuccessful? Then what? This is the same problem with PG as well, only Nelson will be left.

With all this in mind, if I were GM of the Magic I would do the following.

-Use my 1st rounder to Draft Darrell Arthur

-Trade JJ Redick to Memphis for the 28th pick and draft Joey Dorsey

-Trade the rights of Fran Vasquez and cash considerations to Portland for the 36th pick and draft Bill Walker.

-S&T Keith Bogans, Adonal Foyle and future 1st round pick to LA Clippers for Corey Maggette

-Resign Keyon Dooling

-S&T Carlos Arroyo to Memphis for Javaris Crittenton and cash considerations

C- Howard/ Dorsey/ Gortat

PF- Battie/ Arthur/ Cook

SF- Lewis/ Hedo/

SG- Maggette/Evans/ Walker

PG- Nelson/ Dooling/ Crittenton

Arroyo to Memphis for Crittenton AND cash considerations? LOL

With Conley & Lowry, I think the ONLY PG they will consider acquiring is Derrick Rose.

Besides, if they wanted Arroyo, why on earth would be give up a player for an unrestricted FA?

I think we'll be extremely lucky if Arthur falls to us. I would love Dorsey, but I would fall out of my chair if this organization drafted him. So, I'm hoping and pray Arthur falls to us. Otherwise, I'm about 95% certain we'll waist this pick.

Then again we dont have to draft a PF(although a Joey Dorsey would help).We could always agree with the magic and have Chris Douglas Roberts as our # 1 option 4 our first round pick. I do agree with getting rid of arroyo, hes a bench warmer, jj too.With those 2 we should ask 4 draft picks or package something 4 a 2 guard that is tall and can score(jason Kapono). Re-signing Dooling would be a great move, but i still think we could use a PG that could get us 7-8 assits per game. I wish we could pry Calderon away from Toronto somehow.He is a restricted free agent so we should atleast offer a decent contract to him, but toronto will most likely match any offer.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Guys, it's official. According to NBA.com, the Orlando Magic get the 22nd pick in the NBA draft.

Sky. How reliable is the source?. I believe is to early to know the Magic position in the draft

We are not pigeon held into that spot. It's dependent on the outcome of the playoffs.

It's also looking like a lot of targets discussed in this thread have moved beyond our reach with strong tourny showings & I just can't see this organization taking Dorsey.

Realistically, based on who I like, & who I could see up actually taking, I'm hoping Arthur falls to us, but it doesn't look likely.

I thought it was based on regular season record regardless of the playoffs for non-lottery teams?

Yes, but if we win the championship we'll automatically end up with the last spot.

Thabeet is going to stay at UCONN for another year as well. So we can scratch another big man off of the potential list.

I think there is a pretty decent chance that Otis is looking at Dorsey. Otis has said before that he likes 4 year players and I'm sure Stan would love his work ethic.

I think Nbr is the only other guy besides myself that is high on him but I also really like Nathan Jawai. He could be a real sleeper in this draft if he decides to declare.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Is Robin Lopez worth looking at? I didn't get to watch him play at all but all of the mock drafts seem to have him being picked right around where we are.

I watched one game of Stanford's and he looked pretty good. He was somewhat athletic but he really didnt bang a lot

ESPN loves him though, so I really dont know