Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

JJ Not Here For Long - Redick Bides Time On Bench For Magic (Central Florida News 13)

quote:
Originally posted by Undisputed4:

Its not like he is hurting the team with his comments. If he was a starter then it would be unprofessional.

Even if it's as simple as JJ hurting his own reputation as a discontent and thus his trade value, he is still hurting the team.

Also the fact that there is so much attention being paid to our 3rd string SG (possibly 4th string if you include Dooling ahead of JJ in the rotation) could also be seen as a distraction that hurts the team. Any time the desires of an isolated entity on the team become the focus to any degree, it hurts the team dynamic.

One way or another, JJ's actions can certainly be deemded damaging to the team.

quote:
This team is currently 3rd in the Eastern Conference and playing very well without contributions from JJ Redick. What makes hime think the coach or GM should do anything diferent than they currently are? Should we take a few losses on the chin and give up home court advantage in the playoffs so we can fulfill JJ's request for playing time? Should we sacrifice the team's development for the sake of one player's development?

Agree 99.9%

J.J. needs to grow up. A lot of this is because of his frustration to play real minutes due to his desire to the game; earlier he said that he was suffering from depression somewhat BUT I do think he is whining more than he should. Honestly, he is on one of the best teams in the East and the NBA. He should embrace the fact that he has landed on a playoff competitor and he should keep working extremely hard for his spot next season. I know you can only push yourself so far, but JJ needs to just keep trying and be persistent. His time will come; a situation might present itself for him to play. If it doesn't this season/playoff, then he has next season. If J.J. is riding pine next season while working hard and being professional, then i do think he should get out of Orlando. But, for now, he should sit back and enjoy the success of the team.

I like JJ's game (in college at least) and I think he'll be a good player in the pros, but yeah: RELAX.

If JJ were to come in, who would he replace? Hedo? 'Shard? Dwight? Evans? 'Meer or 'Los?

As inconsistent as those last two have been, they've both been better than JJ - I just don't see him cracking the rotation until some of our SGs break for other pastures.

I personally feel like JJ will insist on being traded this offseason. Are there any scenarios where JJ could be packaged along with our first round pick that would result in the Magic moving up substantially in the draft?

Or, have the Magic developed such a strong reputation for drafting poorly, that the selection of JJ Redick now has the same value as a 2nd round pick?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Anybody else stil feel like JJ is acting professionally?

The GM and the coach continue to tell him to be patient. They have him locked into a contract through the end of next season. And he is still going public with his intentions of playing elsewhere.

Man, don't sacrifice anything, just let him try to make it somewhere else. It was Otis call to bring him now let him bail himself out and admit it was a wrong call.

How in the world can somebody get paid 2 million dollars per year and take as many stabs at management as he does? And don't start talking about his desire to pay, his competitive nature, etc. He's a spoiled rotten brat with no concept of rank and file.

This team is currently 3rd in the Eastern Conference and playing very well without contributions from JJ Redick. What makes hime think the coach or GM should do anything diferent than they currently are? Should we take a few losses on the chin and give up home court advantage in the playoffs so we can fulfill JJ's request for playing time? Should we sacrifice the team's development for the sake of one player's development?

Every time this guy opens his mouth some of you want to label him "unprofessional." The distain for JJ Redick is kind of weird to me. I'll never really understand it.

To me, Otis and Stan have been unprofessional in this situation.

Otis: If you knew he wasn't going to play you should have traded him. No ands, ifs, or buts, you should of delt him.

Stan just be honest why he isn't playing. A perfect example was last nights post game press conference.

The reporter asked, "with the injuries to your guards, why no JJ tonight.?

Stan replied with ""I think everybody on your bench has to be ready and I have great confidence in him. I put him in the Philly game, then he didn't play the other night until the game was decided so we didn't really change anything tonight."

That's the definition of avaiding a question. If you guys don't think he fits then why the fck is he here?

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Every time this guy opens his mouth some of you want to label him "unprofessional." The distain for JJ Redick is kind of weird to me. I'll never really understand it.

Otis: If you knew he wasn't going to play you should have traded him. No ands, ifs, or buts, you should of delt him.

Stan just be honest why he isn't playing. A perfect example was last nights post game press conference.

Stan replied with ""I think everybody on your bench has to be ready and I have great confidence in him. I put him in the Philly game, then he didn't play the other night until the game was decided so we didn't really change anything tonight."

That's the definition of avaiding a question. If you guys don't think he fits then why the fck is he here?

What if Stan came out and said 'Look, the kid just is not NBA material'... what then? You get 'the truth' (for sake of argument, not saying he isn't NBA material relax), and his trade value is crap. Why would we do that to ourselves as a team?

In the NFL, some star quarterbacks taken no.1 overall sit an entire season before playing. Example: Carson Palmer.

The Bengals had Jon Kitna playing decent football, and had no need to rush Palmer into the starting QB position.

Now, should Palmer have been complaining about sitting on the bench, collecting a fat check, and learning the ways of the game? No. Did he? No. Should the Bengals have traded him? No.

I think JJ needs to realize he isn't a star anymore. He is just like any other NBA player that gets drafted. He is a guy that has to prove himself to the coaches and his colleagues. Maybe JJ hasn't done that. Maybe the time isn't right for him to play due to guys being ahead of him. Maybe he still needs more work.

Point is, shutup, learn, and you will get your chance.

This guy is unable to get playing time on a team that has no player on the roster that it is an NBA-level starter at his position (remember, Mo was a backup his whole career until coming here).

What else needs to be said?

Oh, that's right he was lighting it up in college and in the D-League.

I keep forgetting....

Personally, I think he should go ahead and be placed in the Hall of Fame now. It sure would save everyone a lot of time.

"Dear Lord, please oh please, put someone who is a decision-maker in the front office of the Magic who has just the slightest clue as to how to draft when we have a pick other than the very first pick."

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

What if Stan came out and said 'Look, the kid just is not NBA material'... what then? You get 'the truth' (for sake of argument, not saying he isn't NBA material relax), and his trade value is crap. Why would we do that to ourselves as a team?

I don't want him to say that. I want him to say either "I don't think JJ is ready yet" or "I think Bogans brings more to the table right now." I want him to stop pretending like he loves JJ's game if he doesn't mean it.

The coach should prolly just come out and say Redick isnt going to play. Stan and Otis insist they think JJ is a good player and want to find a way to play him but that just leads him and the fans on.

I think you guys are reading to much into this hurting the team. Most guys know it is a business and that JJ has to do his own thing. He isnt getting more playing time by complaining so its not hurting anyone on the team.

JJ is a smart guy. He knows HE WILL NEVER BE A PLAYER IN THE SAME BACKCOURT AS JAMEER. Its really that simple. It isnt a good fit and he knows it.

You guys hate him so much that you're unable to say anything positive about the guy. Every time he says something vessels burst in your brains and you go ape sh!t.