Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

JJ Not Here For Long - Redick Bides Time On Bench For Magic (Central Florida News 13)

quote:
"We've talked and he's made it clear that I'm not going to be in the rotation. There's nothing I can do. Right now I'm just thinking about my future and I'm working for that more so than trying to get in the rotation. I don't think I'll be here a long time. I think Stan is going to be here a long time and his philosophy and my phillosophy don't really go together,"

*video included

http://www.cfnews13.com/Sports/CentralFloridaSportsRepo...bench_for_magic.html

quote:
"We've talked and he's made it clear that I'm not going to be in the rotation. There's nothing I can do. Right now I'm just thinking about my future and I'm working for that more so than trying to get in the rotation. I don't think I'll be here a long time. I think Stan is going to be here a long time and his philosophy and my phillosophy don't really go together,"

*video included

http://www.cfnews13.com/Sports/CentralFloridaSportsRepo...bench_for_magic.html

Anybody else stil feel like JJ is acting professionally?

The GM and the coach continue to tell him to be patient. They have him locked into a contract through the end of next season. And he is still going public with his intentions of playing elsewhere.

How in the world can somebody get paid 2 million dollars per year and take as many stabs at management as he does? And don't start talking about his desire to pay, his competitive nature, etc. He's a spoiled rotten brat with no concept of rank and file.

This team is currently 3rd in the Eastern Conference and playing very well without contributions from JJ Redick. What makes hime think the coach or GM should do anything diferent than they currently are? Should we take a few losses on the chin and give up home court advantage in the playoffs so we can fulfill JJ's request for playing time? Should we sacrifice the team's development for the sake of one player's development?

His one comment that seems telling to me is the fact that SVG's phillosophy and his own do not match. Unfortunately for JJ SVG is the coach. That really sounds to me like JJ is unwilling to adapt to the demands of the coach/team to find his role. Perhaps I am reading into things?

I think he is acting professional. He isnt stupid. He knows Jameer and him will never be able to be in the same backcourt. He realizes that he has no future here. The Gm and coach are just being diplomatic with their answers about JJ. There smart people too. JJ is just being honest.

Its not like he is hurting the team with his comments. If he was a starter then it would be unprofessional.