Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

JJ Not Here For Long - Redick Bides Time On Bench For Magic (Central Florida News 13)

you cannot even begin to compare the situation with Dwight. Him and the coach were not on the same page, Dwight came around to SVG's page and his game has improved because of it. This was an entirely different team when JJ was signed, I am truly sorry for him that he doesnt fit in, but he doesnt. The notion that he "deserves" playing time is ludicrous. And yes, JJ is arrogant, it is well documented, not a big surprise.

I am siding with JJ. This organization has jerked him around. You keep telling us he's so good and yet you don't play him. Honestly give him some minutes with the second unit or something and quit bs'ing us. MO and Bogans are carbon copies, 1 should be out of the rotation or take some SF minutes.

I don't understand why you waste a first rounder on a guy your not going to play. It's ridiculous.

Does this sound like an arrogant non-team player. Quote from the Philadelphia Examiner after last night's game.

quote:
It only got worse in the third period as unheralded guard Evans scored 14 of his 17 points, dunking three times and hitting a pair of shots from beyond the arc.

The only rise the crowd got in the fourth quarter came when former Duke All-American J.J. Redick (5 points) answered an explosion of boos with a quick pair of jumpers.

A lot of you JJ fans are missing the point here.

Rightly or wrongly, JJ was drafted to fill a very specific need. This team had horrible floor spacing, and needed outside shooting. JJ was drafted for just that reason.

Fast-forward 2 years later, and the additions of Rashard Lewis, Brian Cook, Mo Evans, and add in Hedo and Bogans finding their shots, and JJ's skillset is beyond superfluous.

Is it JJ's fault that this happened? No. Is it SVG's fault? No. Hell, you could argue it's not even Otis's fault, since he had no way of knowing Hedo and Bogans would shoot this well. Sometimes people catch a bad break, which is what happened to JJ in Orlando.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

Smack FTW!!!!!!

I'm liking this whole "Smack FTW" thing.

I knew you would! it plays up to your whole JJ sized ego!!!

Well this went on for 10 pages....long enough I guess...

I'm closing this now, so all the JJ fans and "not so much fans" can start it again on the next JJ thread, which, if my calculation are correct, should pop up about 5 seconds after this one is closed, and will also grow to 10 pages in about half a day.

kthxbai.