Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

trade dwight for oden straight up.

You could be right. Who knows. But the opposite is just as likely. I'd stay with Dwight though. He's so young and already an all star. I'd like to see the magic bring in a big man coach like Ewing or a Rony Seikaly - not a great big man but great footwork offensively in the post.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

you want stockton to malone for 10 years....exactly...ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS...

When you say he hasnt proven a thing...I assume you wouldnt trade howard for some guy who graduated LSU a few years ago just because he hadnt played a nba game ...or some guy from wake who hadnt played a game...or some guy guy from phi slamma jamma...talents like oden, shaq, and duncan and hakeem dont come around too often and while howard is a total stud there are other reasons to make the trade.

...oden is much more of a sure thing than dwight was 3 years ago, not just according to me but according to any draft site you want to check out. Orlando was debating an undersized okefor vs dwight in a weak class unti the end but we would definately have opted for durant or oden if they were in that class over dwight. Now throw in 8 million for a free agent ta boot and its a done deal. Throw in 3-4 years of having a stud at less than a mid-level exemption and it makes total financial sense. Plus not strapping yourself to a grant hill max contract to protecet the franchise from catastrophic injury and it makes more sense...if we have to wait a couple years for him to blossom its not like this franchise hasnt been in rebuild for 10 years. besides brian hills stupidity may have gotten into dwights head and set him back 5 years.

This reminds me of the Chicago Bulls trading Elton Brand to the Clippers for the rights to Tyson Chandler. How did that turn out for the Bulls?! LOL!

LISTEN

Nobody has been drafted as a future elite center since Dwight.

Greg Oden is THE FIRST potential all-star center to come in the draft in THREE YEARS.

What I'm trying to say is that we have had NOBODY come along since Dwight. Dwight is still the "new hotness", so to speak. As some more potential all-star centers come into the league people will stop talking about Dwight. Everyone will stop the lovefest and we'll finally get a clear picture at what Dwight's future might hold.

If Dwight has any pride at all, he'll work his butt off to ensure no rookie ever comes into the league and dominates HIM.

I'm glad to see you have support for our players, notorious.

Seriously, have fun rooting for the Grizzlies or Celtics next year!

If it doesn't work out, and Greg Oden isn't the god you think he is, feel free to come back here.

Perhaps Dwight will be meeting your Jordan-like expectations by then. How dare the 21 year-old crack a smile.

All I could do is laugh at this post. First he says he would trade Dwight for Oden then says Noah is a high lottery pick. I know on all the boards they list him at The #5 pick but I wouldn't Waste a 1st rounder on him. He is just a younger version of Bo Outlaw. He is a great hustle player thats it! Any team that wastes their 1st round pick on him will regret it.

After watching Dwight and Oden this year a few times,i do beleive that Oden even right now is more advanced as a player.His deffence is way better than any big man comming out of college/high school that i have seen since T.Duncan.D.Howard if you watch him closely on deffence besides a few spectacular blocks is rather poor.Bosh made Dwight look silly in the few matchups this year,so has E.Curry.Oden will be a force in the nba the next 10-15 years,on both offence and deffence.He's already a better ft shooter,and has been double/trippled teamed most of the year just like Dwight has.But Howard reads oposing deffences poorly and is slow to react,thus creates turnovers.Right now Howard is stronger,little more athletic,but if i was to start a franchise i would choose Oden over any other big man in the nba.I can see Oden winning c'ships,not sure about Howard though.Howard will be a liability in crunch time come playoffs,because they will double,tripple team him creating turnovers,or at worst putting him on ft line where he struggles.I beleive Darko is more advanced as a post player than Dwight,even though he's incosistent.Darko's a better passer/deffender than Dwight right now and reads deffences better.He still has to work on rebounding/blocking out and being more agressive but that will come with time.Oden will dominate the nba right away,so will Durrant,but there is more athletic wing players in the nba than great post prospects.

On the bright side i do beleive Howard will improve,he has to.K.Malone was a poor ft shooter 1st few years in the nba also.But what KG said about Dwight is also true,Dwight needs to learn a few post moves and get a jumpshot if possible.Olajuwon,Robinson,Ewing,a younger A.Mourning could all shoot the mid range jump shot.Only Shaq has relied on brutal strength throughout his career,but Shaq is 7'1/350 while Dwight is 6'11/265.Actually id do beleive both Dwight and Darko will improve alot in the next few years,they are too talented/athletic not to.Unless they have a poor work ethic and are satisfied with where they are now.I remember watching a H.Olajuwon documentary where he said he workd out with M.Malone early in his career.At 1st Malone had the edge,but later on i beleive the next summer Olajuwon became a dominant force.Since Bosh and Howard are friends, they should work out during the summer.

Oden is a good college player. but he gonna be a walking FOUL machine the first couples of years in NBA.

i'm gonna stay with Dwight for the future

quote:
noah was the sure #1 last year if he came out according to every draft site and currently sits between 4 and 6. horford sits at 3-4 currently. theyve won 2 championships and those two were a major part of their title runs and you call them over rated...is there someone Im missing thats better in the last few years as a big...? oden nearly fouled out 3 front line players himself including two top 5 talents and you dont see it...wow.

Winning titles on a college team doesn't translate to a **** thing in the pros. Noah reminds me a lot of Steven Hunter. Same body, similar skills. And your arguement on Oden is just as flimsy. College players face such inferior talent game to game (Ohio State missed so many open jump shots, which they call 3-pointers, that the game became hard to watch). And people who say Dwight hasn't advanced in his game simply aren't watching the games and aren't looking at the stats. No one can beat triple teams with their backs to the post.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
noah was the sure #1 last year if he came out according to every draft site and currently sits between 4 and 6. horford sits at 3-4 currently. theyve won 2 championships and those two were a major part of their title runs and you call them over rated...is there someone Im missing thats better in the last few years as a big...? oden nearly fouled out 3 front line players himself including two top 5 talents and you dont see it...wow.

Winning titles on a college team doesn't translate to a **** thing in the pros. Noah reminds me a lot of Steven Hunter. Same body, similar skills. And your arguement on Oden is just as flimsy. College players face such inferior talent game to game (Ohio State missed so many open jump shots, which they call 3-pointers, that the game became hard to watch). And people who say Dwight hasn't advanced in his game simply aren't watching the games and aren't looking at the stats. No one can beat triple teams with their backs to the post.

That is the best post on all the 4 pages.

For me that is the KEY point, Dwight gets NO help with Battie on the floor, he has no shooters to give him any spacing, the guy gets doubled and tripled on every play, Oden would foul out in the 1st half in this situation.

The NBA is a completely different beast than college, Oden is a talent that is non questionable but there is no way in hell I trade Dwight, with his NBA experience and freakish althleticism for another young big man.

Where I do agree Notorious is that Coach Hill is the reason Dwight is limited in his game and until he gets the f out of Orlando we will continue to see the same tired offense.

More to the point we will not see Dwight develop in to the dominant big man we all know he can be!