Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

trade dwight for oden straight up.

I don't suppose you would care to elaborate why you would make that trade. Personally, I think you are crazy but I wouldn't mind hearing your logic.

No way.... never!

Did you see the way he got bullied by the bigger Gator player Richardson..... Which will only get worst once he gets to the NBA.

Howard has more ability than this guy.

Im not saying its one sided but it is very close. I think oden has a much better offensive skill set than howard. Of course howard is playing in brian hills offense so its hard to judge how could he could be with a real coach and game plan. Oden is a better shot blocker and intimidator inside. Im a florida grad and our interior guys could do nothing with oden and that includes horford and noah, two high lottery picks. Plus the guy can shoot free throws and not be a liability at crunch time from the line. My 2 cents but I think oden is the best center since shaq and better than duncan coming out as a senior. Remember oden is only a freshman.

Well you do have a point about Odens free throw shooting. But he also has a tendency to get into foul trouble early in games, which isnt bad. But will take time for him to adjust. Oden also has a good feel for blocking the ball.

But hands down I think that Dwight would dunk on him all day long, he can almost jump out of the Arena.

I mean Howard is such a unique player, A big guy who can jump is hard to come by. I dont think I would let him go because of that.

OK now these are good thoughts and should be a great debate. Thanks man

Oden is a great kid and has unbelievable talent. Whatever team drafts him is going to have a allstar for a long time. Despite the championship game Oden is still very raw offensively. In fact, I believe it was his best statistical peformance of the season. It should be pointed out that while Oden was playing against the best competition in the college game its still college. The talent level increases a great deal at the NBA level especially for big men. For most of the season Oden has played against guys that are smaller than him. In the NBA he will play full grown men that are every bit as big as he is and just as physical. In this sense, Oden is still a unknown commodity. He is the closest we have seen to a sure thing since Duncan but there is a risk.

To me Dwight and Oden cancel each other out in most aspects. They are both great kids and hard workers. Oden might be a better shotblocker and Dwight is probably a better rebounder. I would give Dwight the edge offensively based on experience at the NBA level but Oden is probably a better passer. Neither are particularly good free throw shooters. The chemistry edge obviously goes to Dwight since he has played with these guys for his whole career. So basically we would be trading Dwight for a guy who brings the exact same things to the table. Since we know exactly what we have in Dwight it seems like a poor decision.

Oden has more of an offensive game but he is not anywhere near the athelete that Dwight is. Right now, Oden would be an excellent center in the NBA, he can do things like Duncan, and other great centers were able to do. If Dwight works on his game and keeps improving, he will be able to do things that no other center can do, that is the difference.

It's the same reason we took Dwight over Okafor, I would still take Dwight over Oden.

Now wait a second, how has dwight developed last year to this year. Other than one extra basket per game he has regressed in every category. But I attribute it to brian hill. I havent seen our win total go up and I havent seen dwight become a leader that he should be. He is always laughing with joker jameer and seems un phased in the face of mounting losses.

He also will demand a high salary contract very soon and will eat up alot more cap room than a rookie contract for three years would. You would be getting oden AND about 8 million bucks of cap space for howard. now how would you like to trade that wanna be sport ute with me mr. smarty pants...didnt think of the cost of signing dwight to that big deal did ya?