Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Could Rashard or hedo be sent for agent 0 in the off season??

By the way, we won't be stacked at PG next season. If you thing Arroyo would even think about resigning with us, you are sadly mistaken. I heard him on NBATv after the game, and he talked about the 3-headed PG monster and was implying it was something they all had to "deal with" and had to wait their turn.

Also, he is saying Hedo OR Rashard.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

By the way, we won't be stacked at PG next season. If you thing Arroyo would even think about resigning with us, you are sadly mistaken. I heard him on NBATv after the game, and he talked about the 3-headed PG monster and was implying it was something they all had to "deal with" and had to wait their turn.

Also, he is saying Hedo OR Rashard.

If anything, that would work out even worse. Gilbert attempts well over 20+ shots a game, and isn't the playmaker that Hedo is.

Plus, you don't even know how he'll produce after this injury.

Dwight-Shard-Hedo > Dwight-Hedo-Arenas

Dwight-Shard-Arenas > Dwight-Hedo-Arenas

I would do a Hedo-Arenas trade if that was possible(not a chance). That would benefit the team more.

Arenas is a ball hog. I like him, he is a great player, but the truth is he wants the ball in his hands. That is not a great combo with Hedo, right?

Hedo has shown he produces more when he has the ball. Shard on the other hand doesn't need the ball all the time. He can contribute like he does now, while Arenas can score easily 5-6 more points then Turk does now.

To be honest, I want Turk to stay with the Magic as long as he plays like the way he does right now. It's fun to see him handle the ball.

There is not a slight chance this trade will happen anyway, so..

i dont think otis will be sign a gilber arenas or do any change.hedo,lewis and howard will be magiv for a long time.for the pg position i think otis will be wnt to see what happen in the playoff.remember nelson has a big contract and carlos bring the hispanic fan to the arena

Your little diagram about says it, though I think Dwight-Shard-Arenas is at least = Hedo-Dwight-Shard. That being said, this move would actually make sense (some sort of Hedo for Gilbert swap) because A. Arenas is younger than Hedo and B. Hedo has an extension coming up. Not to mention the national recognition that would get us, and recognition equals $$$ for the owners' pockets, and it is a business, after all.

Also, for those who say Gilbert is a ball hog, while he puts up a truck-load of shots, he also has Jamison and Butler averaging 20 a game, so he obviously doesn't take ALL the shots. Give him the ability to drive and oop to Dwight and that is a lethal combination.

quote:
Originally posted by ed1:

i dont think otis will be sign a gilber arenas or do any change.hedo,lewis and howard will be magiv for a long time.for the pg position i think otis will be wnt to see what happen in the playoff.remember nelson has a big contract and carlos bring the hispanic fan to the arena

I really hope you're right, but my gut feeling tells me Hedo will probably opt out of his last year and test the waters (if he continues to play this way). With his current level of play, he is definitely NOT a 6mill per guy. He would probably want more bucks. I mean, wouldn't any of us? He's in his prime and he'd definitely want more money for what he gives, and I just can't see how we can give that money to him since we're locked for years with Dwight, Rashard, and Jameer.

If it's any consolation though, we still have a year and a half before we have to tackle that problem.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Shore up shooting guard and move lewis or hedo back to small forward. Please dont tell me about the hole we would leave at power forward...in case you didnt notice we already have one. We havent had a credible sg for 10+ years and it is the easiest position on the team to fill.

I am glad you are not running the team.

We can hopefully get a SG/PF with our MLE and first rounder..why break up a good thing? That's the thing that irritates me about this place...we are sixteen ****ing games over .500 and yet people are still whining and wanting to trade somebody.

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

quote:
Originally posted by ed1:

I really hope you're right, but my gut feeling tells me Hedo will probably opt out of his last year and test the waters (if he continues to play this way). With his current level of play, he is definitely NOT a 6mill per guy. He would probably want more bucks. I mean, wouldn't any of us? He's in his prime and he'd definitely want more money for what he gives, and I just can't see how we can give that money to him since we're locked for years with Dwight, Rashard, and Jameer.

If it's any consolation though, we still have a year and a half before we have to tackle that problem.

we can resign with hedo with anytype of contract

because we have his bird rights but I am not sure our owner will want to exceed salary cap that much.

Hedo should get traded in the Off-season.. but I'd rather get Antawn Jamison. Or maybe Ron Artest. Or maybe Corey Magette, or Agent 0.

Gilbert Arenas - 26 years old. Legitimate MVP candidate last year. Averaged 29 points per game in a season. Has never averaged less than 5 assists per game (except rookie year) nor less than 1.5 steals per game. Career average of 4.2 rebounds per game. Would solidify our point guard position. Media darling (think ESPN would ignore us with Agent Zero and Superman together?). 3-time all-star.

Hedo Turkoglu - 29 years old. Having a career year. 6'10'' Small Forward (same as Rashard Lewis, our other 6'10'' Small Forward, who we happened to pay top dollar to get, only to play out of position). In his best year, averaging 19.6 points per game, 4.8 assists per game. Averaged 1.0 steals per game only twice in his career. All-star snub (he should've been in).

If this opportunity presented itself, we should jump all over it. It most likely won't, but the fact that there are those who are saying no to this idea is absurd.