Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Otis, what are you thinking Re: J.J. Redick?

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I'm not going to knock his defense when he plays 10 mins of every 12th game. Until he plays consistent mins it's unfair to say he can't get it done. No one really knows.

None of us may know, but the most qualified talent evaluator of all, the coach, obviously believes JJ can't cut it. Otherwise, I think we would see JJ on the court more often than 10 minutes every 15 games.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Interesting. Sometimes I wonder if you're in this just to bash him. JJ got burnt on one jumpshot (contested), and on one cut to the basket, .

Those were the only two examples that I used. There were others and they've been highlighted by other posters in this thread. Marc Acres brought up one play where Willie Green missed a wide open three and grabbed his own rebound with JJ leaking out (cherry picking). Another poster brought up the wide open layup that JJ allowed to Carney that he subsequently missed.

Next time I'll remember to catalog every one of JJ's lapses so that we are completely clear.

Really what sVG should do is bench Jameer,and start dooling,then you could start JJ for a game,and see how he does in the linup with turk,shard, and D12, where he will get more open shots,and won't get exposed on the d end with dooling being 5 inch taller than meer.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

JJ sucks, nothing more than a marginal bench player, cannot believe this organization has gone so far to say how great he is.

Otis sucks.

That's the spirit!

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

Really what sVG should do is bench Jameer,and start dooling,then you could start JJ for a game,and see how he does in the linup with turk,shard, and D12, where he will get more open shots,and won't get exposed on the d end with dooling being 5 inch taller than meer.

That would never happen but it's a really interesting idea. I have no idea how it would turn out.

There was absolutely nothing any player could have done in that game last night, much less JJ. They all sucked and had lazy attitudes. Jameer got hammered left and right, Dwight was ineffective late in the game which seems to be a recurring event unless SVG is ragging on him. The game was lost when JJ went into the game so you can't blame him because he at least tried. Yea, his defense sucks at times, but what do you expect when he doesn't see the court but every 10 games and yea his shots were off until he got going. It was ugly but I still think you can't judge him on one freakin' game.

It sucks to be JJ.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Interesting. Sometimes I wonder if you're in this just to bash him. JJ got burnt on one jumpshot (contested), and on one cut to the basket, .

Those were the only two examples that I used. There were others and they've been highlighted by other posters in this thread. Marc Acres brought up one play where Willie Green missed a wide open three and grabbed his own rebound with JJ leaking out (cherry picking). Another poster brought up the wide open layup that JJ allowed to Carney that he subsequently missed.

Next time I'll remember to catalog every one of JJ's lapses so that we are completely clear.

Funny that you fail to mention any of Mogans lapses. Do you honestly believe that the plethora of opposing SGs that have lit us up for 30+ have done so merely due to a "hot hand"?

For one game, focus as much on their defense as you seem to do with Redick's, and you'll be quite surprised with the results.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Funny that you fail to mention any of Mogans lapses. Do you honestly believe that the plethora of opposing SGs that have lit us up for 30+ have done so merely due to a "hot hand"?

For one game, focus as much on their defense as you seem to do with Redick's, and you'll be quite surprised with the results.

All the SG D suck. We need and miss Deshawn Stevenson.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:

quote:

quote:

All the SG D suck. We need and miss Deshawn Stevenson.

Explain.

I'm gonna agree with TITY on this thread. We highlight JJ's every mistake yet turn a blind eye to Mo and Bogans repeated mistakes.

And as far as getting shots blocked, Mo Evans has at least 2 shots blocked A GAME. And Willie Green lit up Bogans and Evans last night. Willie Green. Not Kobe. Willie effing Green.

In my opinion, JJ looked rough last night, but I don't think I've ever seen him get a shot blocked but for the last two games. I'll chalk it up to being rusty.