Sign in to follow this  
~O~

The Following Should Be Starting/Playing More Minutes

James Augustine- This guy played D-League and is probably more primed for this Nation Basketball Association than a variety of us thought. Still hasn't received the opportunity to play. I don't think the impacted Augustine whatsoever.

Trevor Ariza- Still making open shots and layup and is possibly the only player that wanted to hustle every night for loose balls. Trevor Ariza never gets rattled by what the opposition does on the other end because maybe Ariza knows he has better up his sleeve. Ariza's shooting and defending ability is on the incline while the team all around is on the decline. Trevor Ariza has been less of our problems all year when playing basketball games.

Travis Diener- While I consider this Diener as the Magic's best point guard for now, Brian Hill arrogance, ignorance, and haughtiness has obstructed Brian Hill's way of seeing the truth in front of his eyes. Travis Diener is the second best shooter on this team and is a ***"PASS FIRST"*** point guard; Travis Diener is subjected to distributing the ball. Underrated/Overrated on defense......barely have the opportunity to watch his defense.

JJ Redick - It appears that the poison is on the verge of sinking into Jonathan skin as Redick was simply struggling when Redick is suppose to be "Automatic". I guess its true that this guy struggles right Undisputed? The pressure has gotten to Redick but in my opinion, Redick is not completely intoxicated with the Brian Hill Mustard Gas.

To bad Brian Hill is can't see because his eyes were damaged by that pupil damaging parasite.

James Augustine- This guy played D-League and is probably more primed for this Nation Basketball Association than a variety of us thought. Still hasn't received the opportunity to play. I don't think the impacted Augustine whatsoever.

Trevor Ariza- Still making open shots and layup and is possibly the only player that wanted to hustle every night for loose balls. Trevor Ariza never gets rattled by what the opposition does on the other end because maybe Ariza knows he has better up his sleeve. Ariza's shooting and defending ability is on the incline while the team all around is on the decline. Trevor Ariza has been less of our problems all year when playing basketball games.

Travis Diener- While I consider this Diener as the Magic's best point guard for now, Brian Hill arrogance, ignorance, and haughtiness has obstructed Brian Hill's way of seeing the truth in front of his eyes. Travis Diener is the second best shooter on this team and is a ***"PASS FIRST"*** point guard; Travis Diener is subjected to distributing the ball. Underrated/Overrated on defense......barely have the opportunity to watch his defense.

JJ Redick - It appears that the poison is on the verge of sinking into Jonathan skin as Redick was simply struggling when Redick is suppose to be "Automatic". I guess its true that this guy struggles right Undisputed? The pressure has gotten to Redick but in my opinion, Redick is not completely intoxicated with the Brian Hill Mustard Gas.

To bad Brian Hill is can't see because his eyes were damaged by that pupil damaging parasite.

Silly me, I must have a hard time reading, ODub, did you mention Arroyo any where in the original post? I read it a couple times but didnt see it. Funny how every post ends up about him.

i believe if carlos was given the point job and instructed to move the ball first and run run run with ariza, jj, and howard on the move we would improve quickly. carlos's problem is that he is prone to try to do to much because he has so little time to make it happen.jacklj

You can't start JJ next to either Jameer or Arroyo. If JJ is moved into the starting lineup he must be accompanied by Dooling & Ariza.

Ideal lineup IMO:

Dooling (can defend opposing team PGs)

Redick (can space the floor)

Ariza (gives us the hustle we lack)

Darko (only if he was allowed to shoot jumpers)

Dwight (he wouldn't see as many double teams)

I tend to agree with the topic of this post. After reviewing the distribution of playing time, it appears we don't have clear cut starters after tip-off.

Minutes played:

Jameer - 30.6

Grant - 30.8

Hedo - 30.7

Battie - 24.3

Dwight - 36.8

Darko - 24.2

Ariza - 23.1

Dooling 22.0

Arroyo - 18.6

Bogans - 17.5

Redick - 15.3

With only Dwight playing starter type minutes, it's no wonder that our rotation is so screwed up. For 1/3 to 1/2 of the game on most nights we have our bench playing. If our bench is playing that much, perhaps it should tell us about the ineffectivenss of our starters. Either that, or our coach is completely confused on who to play. I tend to think that it is a little of both.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

i believe if carlos was given the point job and instructed to move the ball first and run run run with ariza, jj, and howard on the move we would improve quickly. carlos's problem is that he is prone to try to do to much because he has so little time to make it happen.jacklj

The guy gets nearly 20 minutes per and its not enough time??? He has been given instruction before- he has proven he cant handle it.. thats why he fails to impress not only the fans of the team, but also the mgmt.

Back to the original topic -this is gonna sound stupid to some but let me explain,I think Bo should get some time, in place of Battie. He has always been a conduit for "the spark" needed, a hustler and a leader.... that is if we could start Darko and use Battie situationaly - then Bo could come in for some hustle, defensive, rebounding minutes.