Sign in to follow this  
Adam_Magic

Could 1 prayer be answered (No not Hill,Jameer,Carlos,Hedo)

I dont believe this will actually happen but it would be awesome!!

There was a time four seasons ago that Pat Garrity was an integral part of the Magic's playing rotation, twice averaging double figures in scoring and being leaned on for his dead-eye shooting.

But those days are long gone as Garrity rarely ever plays major minutes these days. Entering Sunday's game, Garrity hadn't played in the past eight games and was on the inactive list three times. He has played in just 31 games this season, averaging only 8.3 minutes a game.

But Garrity has tried to keep a positive outlook because he doesn't want to be a negative influence.

"It's tough because you want to be a part of what's going on," Garrity said. "I remember seeing guys in my situation when I was younger and watching how they handled it. Some of them took it well and some didn't. I'm trying to stay involved and be a good teammate."

Garrity can exercise an early termination option on his contract this summer and become a free agent, something he says he has thought of so that he might get some playing time elsewhere. He is due $3.5 million next season, the final year of a six-year contract he signed with the Magic in 2002.

"I've seen it before where teams go a different direction and some guys remain involved and others distance themselves," he said. "It's easy to do that because it hurts to not be a part of what's going on."

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...04020322/1002/SPORTS

I dont believe this will actually happen but it would be awesome!!

There was a time four seasons ago that Pat Garrity was an integral part of the Magic's playing rotation, twice averaging double figures in scoring and being leaned on for his dead-eye shooting.

But those days are long gone as Garrity rarely ever plays major minutes these days. Entering Sunday's game, Garrity hadn't played in the past eight games and was on the inactive list three times. He has played in just 31 games this season, averaging only 8.3 minutes a game.

But Garrity has tried to keep a positive outlook because he doesn't want to be a negative influence.

"It's tough because you want to be a part of what's going on," Garrity said. "I remember seeing guys in my situation when I was younger and watching how they handled it. Some of them took it well and some didn't. I'm trying to stay involved and be a good teammate."

Garrity can exercise an early termination option on his contract this summer and become a free agent, something he says he has thought of so that he might get some playing time elsewhere. He is due $3.5 million next season, the final year of a six-year contract he signed with the Magic in 2002.

"I've seen it before where teams go a different direction and some guys remain involved and others distance themselves," he said. "It's easy to do that because it hurts to not be a part of what's going on."

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...04020322/1002/SPORTS

*sunlight shines down on me as angels sing*

Dear 6lb 5oz baby Jesus, if you can make this happen I will never curse at Brian Hill ever again. (maybe)

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

*sunlight shines down on me as angels sing*

Dear 6lb 5oz baby Jesus, if you can make this happen I will never curse at Brian Hill ever again. (maybe)

LMAO! Awesome Emory!!

Garrity would be my hero if he opted out, $3.5 mill. more of capspace would help immensely.

Aint a chance in hell Garrity decides to test free agency because he isnt an idiot, he knows he is done with the NBA and it is basically free money, not even Jesus himself would turn down 3.4 million to just sit on the bench and be the team cheerleader.

was it ever determined what kinda "penalty" the magic would take if he opted out. For some reason, and it couldve just been me making a bad situation worse in my mind - I thought their was some kinda salary protection in his contract, with a doubling on our cap or sumthin - or is that if we cut him??? and remeber folks, their is a chance I made this up sometime between dinner and breakfast, prooly right before the alarm clock rang.

Pat Garrity isn't an idiot. He'll get payed 3.5 million next year to relax on the bench, not a bad living.