Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Brian Skinnner(Suns) for Redick? (Sentinel)

Doubt it, anyone with his shooting abilities can easily find playing time especially since he hasn't gotten much exposure on our team at all. And with the limited exposure he has received, he has done pretty well, and I'm sure it will intrigue other teams. However, his 4th year option will be scary, especially if we pass him the throne at the 2 spot and he ends up bolting. yikes. we need to give him some burn.

The point of the thread is that there are deals to be had all over the place.

As a season ticket holder I'm getting extremely antsy. With a stud like Dwight in the middle one more banger down low could put us over the top of the East. Every fan of every team likes to feel like when the playoffs start your team can win it all.

I think everyone on this board would agree that we're not gonna be a threat unless we do something by the deadline like getting Dwight some help. I mean Stan has said numerous times that the team wants to put Rashard back at the "3". What does that mean for Turk? Who knows? Otis got us in this mess, I hope he can bail us out.

And if J.J. Redick is holding up any possible deals because Otis doesn't want to trade him then I think Otis will be looking at his last year as our GM.

People, we don't have a power forward! Is Battie the solution? For me, he'll help but not a long term solution.

What about Fran? Would anybody here put their trust in him?

What about Brian Cook? He's playing better but he is not a starter or a guy that you can play there for major minutes.

We have expiring contracts which Otis must put to use.

Otis is such a BS'er you're never gonna know what he is really thinking or planning on doing.

Let's just say I'm sitting on pins and needles until 3:00 on Thursday.

I'd be okay with JJ to the Sonics - at least we wouldn't be facing him four times a year. Even so, I think we could play hardball with a few teams around the league and just give up expiring and not potential.

JJ's going to have a chance to play next season, if he's still with us. Maybe this season, if we trade someone in front of him.

Stats are misleading but from what going by, Skinner is that great of a rebounder. We need a rebounder...even Lewis averages more then him.

Maybe Brian Skinner doesn't play much minutes or maybe Rashard plays to much minutes. Another reason why stats can be misleading.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr34205:

Brian friggin Skinner. I've heard it all. Christ sake.

haha exactly.

Anyone who thinks trading JJ Redick for Brian Skinner is a good idea needs to get their heads checked.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

haha exactly.

Anyone who thinks trading JJ Redick for Brian Skinner is a good idea needs to get their heads checked.

AMEN!

quote:
Originally posted by Y-Studios:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

haha exactly.

AMEN!

You think? How about Keith Van Horn?

Skinner: PPG 3.6 RPG 4.00 APG 0.3 EFF + 6.65 Height: 6-9 Weight: 255 lbs. Years Pro: 9

Keith Van Horn: PPG 8.9 RPG 3.60 APG 0.7 EFF +8.11 Height: 6-10 Weight: 245 lbs. Years Pro: 9

Van Horns stats from 05/06 season, last he played. Could probably get him for a song from the Nets.

His stats look better than Skinners, he's an inch taller and 10 lbs lighter. Does any one here want to see him in a Magic uniform? If you want skinner, you should want van horn.

I dont want either.

Edit: I would trade Garrity straight up for either one. I'm sure either could be as effective for us as Garrity.

Those saying this is a terrible trade have no idea what they're talking about. Skinner is exactly the kind of player we need to come off the bench. I'm not saying I would do this, because I still have faith in Redick, but getting one of the best shot blockers (per48min) who has an outside shot and can rebound... all for a guy who can't get off the bench... I'd take a look at it, but I'd still have to say no on this one. Besides, the salaries don't even match up.

Obviously the Magic would need to get something else in return other than Skinner, but Skinner is better than his stats show.

Seeing as he was with the Bucks last year and then a few years prior to that, I've seen him play plenty and he's definitely a pretty solid big man. He's not going to wow you and go out and drop 20 or 30 points, but he'll bang, get easy baskets and most importantly rebound.

Like I said though, Redick for Skinner straight up would not be a wise move on Orlando's part.

If JJ's heard about this trade I bet he's licking his chops. He'd be huge for the Suns. They could use him to give Bell breathers and by doing that, they really wouldn't lose much except the great one on one defense that Bell brings.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

The Magic might have a shot at getting someone like reserve power forward Brian Skinner of Phoenix, which recently acquired O'Neal.

The Suns are looking for another guard, which the Magic have in Redick.

Also available are veteran power forwards Kurt Thomas or Chris Wilcox of Seattle, a team that wants to rebuild with younger players.

Minnesota has made available veteran Mark Madsen, a defensive-minded power forward who isn't playing in their youth movement. Miami power forward Udonis Haslem might be expendable if the Heat continue with a salary-cap purge.

Please tell me that Otis not wanting to trade J.J. isn't holding up these deals?

Anyone that knows anything about Brian Skinner I'm all ears. How much does he make and who would we have to give up to contractually make it work.

The links I've read say that Chris Wilcox is not on the block.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-magic1908feb19,0,7272056.story

With this franchise's history of trading away and not developing solid players, Otis is scared shiat that JJ might come back and bite him. With that being said I think Otis is pathetic. Teams are trying to win NOW and we are building for the future? There is no certainty in the future. God forbid this team loses their jumpshot next year and all of a sudden we are this years Bulls. We need to make a move and not just a small move.