Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Magic Interested in Artest? (Link)

Although I don't confess great faith in this posibility, it would be a good move for the post season. Outside of that, I see Ron Ron heading back to the streets of New York!

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

could he play the pf?

Until he got to Sacramento he played the SG position in Chicago and Indiana. In Sacramento he was moved to the SF position because Kevin Martin was already their current and future SG.

Now one thing I did pick up on in the article is something I almost forgot about. It is how Stan interviewed for the Kings job. It makes you wonder if Stan really liked the players like Miller and Artest and would he be so inclined to have Otis try and trade for them. Remember Stan did turn down the Pacers job and many believed he turned it down because he did not like the talent on the roster. Now we all know Stan was very serious about the Kings job and if you take in to account they play in the West (which I would think would make a coach shy away), you have to believe this article is true and Stan really did gush about the players on the roster like Ron Artest.

If we can not trade for a big man, Ron Artest might be just what the Magic need. He would really eliminate the concerns we have about the the big guards in the East. Plus he can shoot the 3 point shot and does not mind being the go to guy in the clutch. He is a head case most of the time, but if you consider we would only have him for a half season and would have the option to resign him or not, it may be the most worthy opportunity when you define the type of risk this team may be willing to take.

If you lined them all up and said I could only choose one player to add to the roster that I wanted and a bad contract had to come with the player, here is how I would list my choices. My guess is to get a player you may covet you are going to either give up a young guy like JJ or a pick or have to take back a bad contract.

1a. Wilcox, Szczerbiak

1b. Haslem, Blount

2. Artest, Kenny Thomas

3. Kurt Thomas, Earl watson

4. Brad Miller, Mikki Moore

5. Zach Randolph, Jerome James

6. Darko Milicic, Brian Cardinal

7. Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

quote:

could he play the pf?

Until he got to Sacramento he played the SG position in Chicago and Indiana. In Sacramento he was moved to the SF position because Kevin Martin was already their current and future SG.

Now one thing I did pick up on in the article is something I almost forgot about. It is how Stan interviewed for the Kings job. It makes you wonder if Stan really liked the players like Miller and Artest and would he be so inclined to have Otis try and trade for them. Remember Stan did turn down the Pacers job and many believed he turned it down because he did not like the talent on the roster. Now we all know Stan was very serious about the Kings job and if you take in to account they play in the West (which I would think would make a coach shy away), you have to believe this article is true and Stan really did gush about the players on the roster like Ron Artest.

If we can not trade for a big man, Ron Artest might be just what the Magic need. He would really eliminate the concerns we have about the the big guards in the East. Plus he can shoot the 3 point shot and does not mind being the go to guy in the clutch. He is a head case most of the time, but if you consider we would only have him for a half season and would have the option to resign him or not, it may be the most worthy opportunity when you define the type of risk this team may be willing to take.

If you lined them all up and said I could only choose one player to add to the roster that I wanted and a bad contract had to come with the player, here is how I would list my choices. My guess is to get a player you may covet you are going to either give up a young guy like JJ or a pick or have to take back a bad contract.

1a. Wilcox, Szczerbiak

The bad Addition of Wally will overshadow the good of adding Wilcox.

1b. Haslem, Blount

I like this deal out of the ones you posted.

2. Artest, Kenny Thomas

Will opt out to go to NY. Will ask for ridiculous money. Can destroy this team. Probably lost a step.

Band aide that will peal off when you get your hands wet.

Proven to make teams worse. See Portland and New York.

I was one of those that felt Darko was given up on too easy, but after seeing him play on a bad team where he can get minutes, the guy is a stiff

Plays no D. We already have Turk and Lewis. The magic got better when we traded him away.

I keep saying it on the boards:

Pietrus and Harrington for Garrity, JJ, Bogans, Arroyo, 1st round pick or rights to Francine Vazquez.

if we got artest it would help out on d and the 3, but we would still be lacking at the pf spot. wilcox makes the most sense and would love to get watson or ridnour to go with. there are a lot of possibilities, I just hope we make a trade that helps the team and not one for the sake of trading.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

quote:

could he play the pf?

1a. Wilcox, Szczerbiak

The bad Addition of Wally will overshadow the good of adding Wilcox.

1b. Haslem, Blount

I like this deal out of the ones you posted.

2. Artest, Kenny Thomas

Will opt out to go to NY. Will ask for ridiculous money. Can destroy this team. Probably lost a step.

Band aide that will peal off when you get your hands wet.

Proven to make teams worse. See Portland and New York.

I was one of those that felt Darko was given up on too easy, but after seeing him play on a bad team where he can get minutes, the guy is a stiff

Plays no D. We already have Turk and Lewis. The magic got better when we traded him away.

I keep saying it on the boards:

Pietrus and Harrington for Garrity, JJ, Bogans, Arroyo, 1st round pick or rights to Francine Vazquez.

Isn't there a rule that says we can't trade our first again?