Sign in to follow this  
Rodriguez

we need to trade one Point Guard, but which one?

dooling is the taller and good defender, carlos could be a good pass first pg(great court vision), Jameer a good scorer but turnover prone and Travis great shooter but untester.

I say keep Dooling and resign Travis (I hope he stay with us). The question then is who we are going to trade Carlos or Jammer?. I say trade Jameer, he doesn't know how to play the pg position, he is not a team player and he is not a leader either, but more likely the Magic trade Carlos. he has more trade value that Jammer.

dooling is the taller and good defender, carlos could be a good pass first pg(great court vision), Jameer a good scorer but turnover prone and Travis great shooter but untester.

I say keep Dooling and resign Travis (I hope he stay with us). The question then is who we are going to trade Carlos or Jammer?. I say trade Jameer, he doesn't know how to play the pg position, he is not a team player and he is not a leader either, but more likely the Magic trade Carlos. he has more trade value that Jammer.

I would like that as well but I don't think it will happen. Its more likely that Diener will leave via free agency and we will trade Arroyo and maybe even Dooling if Otis goes after another pg.

Umm I dont know cause Jameer 4 some teams probably has more value than Arroyo and 4 other teams is the opposite, but id say trade Jameer. I think he sucks from the first time I saw him play. And everytime he takes a 3 pointer makes me wanna hurt somebody!!!!

The problem here is that, if we keep the coach and he wants to keep running the same crappy offense next year, none of our PG will work. So if Otis goes hunting for a new PG, a lot of our guys will have to go. Dooling has a lot of value in my eyes because he can play PG and SG. So he can be a third backup at PG if needed, or just play backup SG. The other 3 are one dimensional players, meaning one position players.

Diener is unproven, he can shoot, but that's it we don't know if he can lead a team.

Jameer and Arroyo have been dissapointments on this offense system. We all know Carlos can be a beast in international play and he is a darn good player. Nelson was awesome in college. But in this coaching system they are both having a hard time using their skills.

I think Diener will go. Arroyo will get traded, they will try to go for a starting PG and move Nelson to the bench. Dooling will stay unless he is a deal maker for either a PG or a SG.

Guys, look for CA to be in a Heat uniform next year. He played at FIU and has his off season home in Miami. The Heat are also inviting Rick Apodaca (PR national team playing in Italy) to summer camp in August. There is mega bucks in Miami and the heat want some of that $$$$$$. I've been to a couple of Heat games and they even have their PA come out with some spanish.

For the Magic JN and KD will be back next year, Arroyo and Dienner out.

Now just because it is Miami that doesn't mean any latin player will make a big impact in the area. There are more puertoricans in Orlando as a community than in Miami, but there are still a lot down there. Miami is a bigger melting pot. Carlos will receive a lot of support there also, maybe not as much, but enough for a team to look into it. I think Carlos would work in the Heat system.

Diener is just tired of riding the bench, he will sign anywhere else.

"Now just because it is Miami that doesn't mean any latin player will make a big impact in the area. There are more puertoricans in Orlando as a community than in Miami, but there are still a lot down there. Miami is a bigger melting pot."

Dude, Miami is dying to land a latin player (back when Jose Ortiz was drafted in 1987 the Heat were trying to trade for his draft rights, something that did not work out because he left to play in Spain). Outside of Orlando, Dade County believe it or not has the second larget PR population in the state. So any latin player would be big hit in that area of Florida.

I'll even go a bit further... Remember the Magics 11th pick in 2005 Fran Vasquez?

Rumor out of Miami amongst the hispanic media is that Fran Vasquez is holding out is so he can sign with Miami. It would be a better fit (life style "Latin cosmopolitan") for him and his fiance. Again that is just a rumor from friends who are in the latin media in Miami.

Miami is drooling for a latin player...

Ciao.....

quote:
I'll even go a bit further... Remember the Magics 11th pick in 2005 Fran Vasquez?

Rumor out of Miami amongst the hispanic media is that Fran Vasquez is holding out is so he can sign with Miami. It would be a better fit (life style "Latin cosmopolitan") for him and his fiance. Again that is just a rumor from friends who are in the latin media in Miami.

Miami is drooling for a latin player...

well, thats the best news ever. Fran Vazquez has trade value. ;-)

Jameer- will stay probably backup role if Howard stays.

Diener- Deserves more playing time and will look for another team.

Carlos- Will not accept another season here after this benching unless Brian leaves and the new style of the coach is compatible.

I feel his best fit is Miami, since their PG is prone to injury and their back up is looking for social security, but Otis is not going to facilitate this being in the same division. Another option depends on what New Jersey does with its PG situation. Remember they are moving to NY next season.(lots of PR latinos)