Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Arroyo, Redick still be here after the deadline?(Sentinel)

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Guys, Otis is simple to understand. As the red tiger prowls by the jagged creek, so the bunny jumps where acorns lay

My question is Otis the tiger or the bunny? My guess is the bunny. If he trades Carlos and JJ and Pat for some weak ###, then don't make a trade.

Kurt Thomas is not worth those 3, I think we can do better.

To get Kurt Thomas it should only tak ethe expiring contracts of Garrity & Arroyo. Considering that Arroyo is now 3rd string and Garrity should never, ever see the floor under any circumstances, a deal for Thomas wouldn't be bad in that respect.

However, this contradicts Otis' statement of not wanting to make a quick fix. Since Thomas' contract expires at the end of this season, we could essentially be giving away our expiring contracts again for nothing (a 28 game rental) this year.

Assuming Battie comes back healthy and he plays at levels that we saw out of him 3 years ago, there is no problem. BUt I do not believe for one second that Battie is the answer to our problems.

Wilcox, Haslem or Bust!

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

To get Kurt Thomas it should only tak ethe expiring contracts of Garrity & Arroyo. Considering that Arroyo is now 3rd string and Garrity should never, ever see the floor under any circumstances, a deal for Thomas wouldn't be bad in that respect.

However, this contradicts Otis' statement of not wanting to make a quick fix. Since Thomas' contract expires at the end of this season, we could essentially be giving away our expiring contracts again for nothing (a 28 game rental) this year.

Assuming Battie comes back healthy and he plays at levels that we saw out of him 3 years ago, there is no problem. BUt I do not believe for one second that Battie is the answer to our problems.

Wilcox, Haslem or Bust!

I agree 100%

Wilcox or Haslem or bust!!!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...s=19~25~25&te=&cash=

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...s=14~14~19&te=&cash=

I will say that Thomas would be better than nothing. He played good deffense on Tim Duncan in the play offs last year. We also wouldn't be stuck with a bad contract. He is actually a better player than Battie so may be he could be resigned for nothing this summer. That being said I would prefer Wilcox or Haslem because they are long term fixes.

quote:
They need a power forward, preferably a tough, defender such as Kurt Thomas of rebuilding Seattle.

Such as he says, but still (lol). Lets be real here.

Originally posted by ball junkie:

Since this article suggests trying to package Arroyo, Redick and Garrity I have 2 questions:

1.) If we were to try and acquire Haslem would it take all 3 of the aforementioned players? I'm not sure how the numbers work out or salary cap rules.

I don't know weather or not anyone heard the Jerry Oneal/Magic behind the scenes on 1080am yesterday, John Denton was the guest and Deton stated that the Haslem for JJ, Carlos and possibly more are very real!! Denton ended the interview by saying that neither side, Riley or Otis is in a hurry to help each other on this, but it is very much alive!!

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

Since this article suggests trying to package Arroyo, Redick and Garrity I have 2 questions:

1.) If we were to try and acquire Haslem would it take all 3 of the aforementioned players? I'm not sure how the numbers work out or salary cap rules.

I don't know weather or not anyone heard the Jerry Oneal/Magic behind the scenes on 1080am yesterday, John Denton was the guest and Deton stated that the Haslem for JJ, Carlos and possibly more are very real!! Denton ended the interview by saying that neither side, Riley or Otis is in a hurry to help each other on this, but it is very much alive!!

Yes sir!

quote:

quote:

Yes sir!

Soul Bro, are you back in town or did you hear it online?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes sir!

Still up north but I've been hearing this same thing from people in the know.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes sir!

Well at least stay as warm as possible my friend! I am from Staten Island N.Y. and my family tells me it is COLD! This was the first credible source I have heard speak to this deal! (I don't count Smithz)..... I do hope that this is the case and I can understand the stalling from both positions, but I don't know if Denton mentoned the Wilcox or Thomas aspect! What do you hear on those points? I would love Haslem, but dealing with Riley, he has the tendencies to be unrealictic!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes sir!

Well at least stay as warm as possible my friend! I am from Staten Island N.Y. and my family tells me it is COLD! This was the first credible source I have heard speak to this deal! (I don't count Smithz)..... I do hope that this is the case and I can understand the stalling from both positions, but I don't know if Denton mentoned the Wilcox or Thomas aspect! What do you hear on those points? I would love Haslem, but dealing with Riley, he has the tendencies to be unrealictic!

The only name I've heard is Haslem. And, yes, it is 25 degrees right now. Thx for the support!